#762927 by Concorde RIP
30 Dec 2010, 12:05
If some of this is "old hat", I apologise; I'm not the best at exploring website functinality etc - haven't the patience!!!

It's occurred to me that there might be some nice linking that could be done - for example....

A personalised "My itinaries" section, from which you could click "Submit a Trip Report" button that would then pre-populate all the flight details etc - you could even go further and link the TR back to actual flight info giving an indication of delays etc that might be relevant to the flight - giving context to the TR if you like.

Also, from a TR, you could link other TRs - "See other TRs for this flight (if other V-Flyer members were on that flight)" - for example. Or, "See other TRs for this flight number" - you might see trends on routes like that.

Just thinkiong "on the fly" - I think functionality like that might really interest people?

All this, of course, realising that such work would need to be done by someone, and time is limited - but just a few thoughts...

Any thoughts?
#762928 by honey lamb
30 Dec 2010, 12:29
It's up to Pete to decide whether it's a go-er or not. It's his site.

Some of the functions you describe such as delays and trends on certain routes are already in various parts of the Toolbox and are direct feeds from VS

Also not everyone who posts into the Itineraries Forum posts a TR and vice versa. It might mean writing code or something which may or may not be used. However it is useful to debate a bit further if there is an interest
#762936 by CHill710
30 Dec 2010, 17:33
i think that is a good idea but as you say it could be a lot of work for Pete