#766052 by Luke085
02 Feb 2011, 12:57
Hello,

Could anyone help me with the following? :D

Just trying to find out where the following forums are?

"Subscribing members get access to three new forum areas in our "Behind The Curtain" section, including "The Galley" for off-topic chat, "The Pub" for discussion of social events and "The Clubhouse", a special members-only area for discussion of mileage strategies and deals out of public view."

Also, how do I order luggage tags?

Thanks,

Luke
#766053 by Luke085
02 Feb 2011, 12:59
Sorry I should add that I have found "The Galley", and "The Pub" but can't seem to find the other 2 areas and I've tried searching too.
#766055 by Neil
02 Feb 2011, 13:08
The 2 forums you are talking about are for members that subscribe to the site, so unless you have bought a membership then you won't be able to view them. The galley and pub were initially for subscribing members but only, but they became fully public forums late last year. Of course, all other forums and site features are still available for everyone to use.

Luggage tags are currently unavailable whilst Pete has been moving and is still getting sorted in his new place. Hopefully they will be back up soon.

Neil
#766057 by Luke085
02 Feb 2011, 13:11
Thanks Neil, by subscribing do you mean completing the necessary red, silver, gold or black payment through paypal and receiving the badge on your avatar or is this something else?

If I am right, I have paid for my annual memembership via paypal a week or so ago, I thought this classed as subscribing, is this not the case from your end?

Luke
#766059 by Neil
02 Feb 2011, 13:15
Ah okay, so you are a subscribing member then. Usually your tag would change to V-Flyer sponsor, which is why I wasn't sure if you had bought a membership or not.

First thing is to clear all your cookies etc, log out and in again. If that still doesn't work, then it will probably just need Pete to tweak something on your account, so I'll drop him a PM to see if he can check and make sure everything is all set up correctly.

Regarding the luggage tags, when you get access to the CH forum, you will see a thread in there, giving more detail.
#766062 by Luke085
02 Feb 2011, 13:28
Thanks for your help Neil and fast response!

That would be great. I have already cleared my cookies and also tried logging on at work with no difference :(
#766065 by Pete
02 Feb 2011, 13:37
Apologies for that. It's a bug in the sign up that I've been trying to track down for some time that effects certain users. I've manually fixed your account now so you should be able to access member forums.

Pete
#766066 by Luke085
02 Feb 2011, 13:45
That's great Pete, thank you.

It's all working correctly now.

Love the site!! :):):):)
#769443 by willem
02 Mar 2011, 12:56
Looks like I have hit the same problem - just subscribed, but can't see the hidden forums despite logging in/out, clearing cookies or trying a different browser.
Thanks
Willem
#769446 by Neil
02 Mar 2011, 12:58
willem wrote:Looks like I have hit the same problem - just subscribed, but can't see the hidden forums despite logging in/out, clearing cookies or trying a different browser.
Thanks
Willem

Pete who will deal with that issue is on a course for a couple of days so not likely to be around, so if you could just bear with us I am sure he will sort it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Neil
#769455 by northernhenry
02 Mar 2011, 14:23
Neil wrote:Usually your tag would change to V-Flyer sponsor, which is why I wasn't sure if you had bought a membership or not.

?| Thought V-flyer sponsor tag was based on number of posts ?|
#769458 by Neil
02 Mar 2011, 14:31
northernhenry wrote:
Neil wrote:Usually your tag would change to V-Flyer sponsor, which is why I wasn't sure if you had bought a membership or not.

?| Thought V-flyer sponsor tag was based on number of posts ?|

Usually the text under your avatar is linked to the number of posts. However they way I understand it is that when we moved site and Pete had a problem with some users not being able to see the behind the curtain forums, he used the 'V-Flyer sponsor' tag, to help make the settings stick.

That has now been sorted, so the VF sponsor thing won't show when you become a paid member, the standard texts will be used.

Neil
#769745 by willem
04 Mar 2011, 17:11
Hi Neil,
Any update on when Pete might be able to fix my account? I'm flying on Sunday, and would like to access the forums before then.
Thanks
Willem
#769751 by DragonLady
04 Mar 2011, 18:06
Help! I still can't find the luggage tags ?| and am in desperate need of new ones before the end of the month. My last remaining "original" v- flyer tag bit the dust on the way back from NY in January (and I'm not putting those i-fly Gold bits of tat on my cases v( ).
DL
#769752 by tontybear
04 Mar 2011, 18:11
DragonLady wrote:Help! I still can't find the luggage tags ?| and am in desperate need of new ones before the end of the month. My last remaining "original" v- flyer tag bit the dust on the way back from NY in January (and I'm not putting those i-fly Gold bits of tat on my cases v( ).
DL

There is a link to it under the 'community' tab

Can't have you with shoddy tags can we now?
#769755 by DragonLady
04 Mar 2011, 18:34
tontybear wrote:
There is a link to it under the 'community' tab

Can't have you with shoddy tags can we now?

No indeed :D . I still can't see the link in the community section though ?| Old age is a terrible thing.
DL
#769756 by Martin
04 Mar 2011, 18:39
I've just ordered mine. Does anyone know how long they take to arrive? I'm flying again on 21st so I suppose I may have to do the the unthinkable in DL's eyes and put .....
DragonLady wrote:.... those i-fly Gold bits of tat on my cases v( ).
DL
..... again. :?
#769761 by totallylost
04 Mar 2011, 19:00
Martin, Pete's usually fairly quick at getting them done, mine came fairly quickly, but I would surmise that he's had a good few orders of late, since re-enabling the link, so might take a little longer.
#769762 by Neil
04 Mar 2011, 19:03
willem wrote:Hi Neil,
Any update on when Pete might be able to fix my account? I'm flying on Sunday, and would like to access the forums before then.
Thanks
Willem

Pete has been away for the back end of this week on a course, so hopefully he will get it sorted in the next few days.
#770848 by mikethe3rd
11 Mar 2011, 03:20
willem wrote:Hi - I still can't see any of the "Behind the Curtain" parts of the forums.
Can you please correct my account.
Thanks
Willem

Same for me when you have a spare moment!

Thanks
#770945 by steve2005
11 Mar 2011, 14:32
willem wrote:Hi - I still can't see any of the "Behind the Curtain" parts of the forums.
Can you please correct my account.
Thanks
Willem

Add me to this list too.

Thanks

Steve
Virgin Atlantic