#796635 by woode30
30 Nov 2011, 19:47
hi, i flew on this flight and suffered a 3-4 hour delay :(!
the check in staff just shrugged there shoulders when i asked why the flight was delayed and there was no offer of vouchers etc. to use in the airport to help fill the time ( or my belly )
dinner was offered on the flight at 2.30am...
the flight crew announced the reason as technical issues with the outbound flight which led to a 12 hour delay for vs603
should i expect virgin to compensate me? and how should i go about this?
any help greatly appreciated :)
#796643 by tontybear
30 Nov 2011, 20:50
Welcome

My reading of EU of EU 261/2004 is that as the flight was delayed less than 4 hours (and more than 3,500 KM long) then you are not entitled to any compensation and nor were you entitled to any airline funded 'refreshments'

wiki page summary

Check-in Staff may not have been made aware of the reason for the delay only that there was a delay and so could not tell you.
#796658 by cooperman
30 Nov 2011, 22:24
Sorry to hear about your delay. It all started when the incoming 603 went tech... I was due to be on it and needed the help of the V Thrapists on here

See:http://v-flyer.com/forum/index.php?f=4&t=272125&rb_v=viewtopic

Not sure about the compo thing but our pal Tontybear has given you the legal stance on things. Doesn't stop you asking VS though
Hope you got to UK OK.

Paul
#796721 by woode30
01 Dec 2011, 23:58
Thanks for your replies. Although it was a bit of pain, compared to all on vs603 I got off lightly
I have written to virgin and am waiting to get a reply, if I get a few miles out of it then all is good
My first experience of virgin was 50% positive - compared to BA on the cape town route it was bliss