#800122 by mdvipond
17 Jan 2012, 11:30
The genuine formica bar? The Steps free juke box? The GJ Memorial Snug? All gone??? For the love of god, please tell me someone had the foresight to save the pickled egg jar!! It would be a grim irony indeed if the good Dame Jacki had been saved (albeit slightly singed) only for the pickled egg jar to have perished amidst the inferno.

And those dear, sweet, LRoM Trannies. What did they ever do to deserve such a dreadful fate? Okay, so there was the local protection racket, the occasional cockfight in the cellar and the small matter of the kidnap and subsequent torture of an innocent RSCPA inspector, but I think we can all put that down to a little too much youthful enthusiasm, don't you? Those poor wretches. I imagine you could smell burning wig hair as far as the Cock Inn...

As for the All New 80s Pop Lyric Quiz (in Colour), wasn't Neil served with a lifetime ban after failing a random drugs test?

Anyway, back to reality: Martin, no, I am not nor have I ever been a doctor. Hypochondriac, yes; doctor, no. And everyone knows that the universal panacea isn't champagne - it's a Clubhouse mojito.
#800232 by Scrooge
18 Jan 2012, 01:40
mdvipond wrote:As for the All New 80s Pop Lyric Quiz (in Colour), wasn't Neil served with a lifetime ban after failing a random drugs test?

No, on the night in question he ran around the place claiming he had scored some X, downed 5 of the things, spent the next 8 hours telling everyone how much he loved them, stripped down to his speedo's (bad bad bad idea) and was seen running down the road, followed by a couple of the LRoM trannies....

It is amazing what 5 children's aspirin and the power of suggestion can do.

Anyways, congratulations and thank you for your 8 years of membership.

I know I am not alone in saying that your trip reports could and should be made into a book, they are certainly some of the best parts of this site oo)
#800235 by Jacki
18 Jan 2012, 06:30
honey lamb wrote:
mdvipond wrote: Wonder what ever came of that there Bar & Entrail Shack that was once so popular...

***For all newbies of the last year or so, no, I haven't lost the plot but I am just putting to bed something that was a much loved feature of the social side of the board before FB claimed us all. It was fun but may make us look as if you should be calling the people with the rather natty jackets that fasten at the back without this explanation :o)

Those were the days, whatever happened to the RSPCA inspector and how do you unfasten these jackets? :w
#800240 by Neil
18 Jan 2012, 09:32
I want to know what happened to the CCTV footage of HL in the tree. That would have been a YouTube mega hit.
#800242 by Jacki
18 Jan 2012, 09:51
Neil wrote:I want to know what happened to the CCTV footage of HL in the tree. That would have been a YouTube mega hit.

And the Saturday night naked trampolining barbecues! oo)
#800243 by DarkAuror
18 Jan 2012, 09:54
Neil wrote:I want to know what happened to the CCTV footage of HL in the tree. That would have been a YouTube mega hit.

That was a fun night. Showed what happens when you leave HL in charge while Barkeep was on his hols. Whatever happen to the turkey? :?
#800252 by Tinuks
18 Jan 2012, 12:41
I have no idea what you guys are talking about but from the sound of things it has been a whirlwind of a time. I guess for us newbies, this is one of those "you had to have been there to understand" type of situations.
#800274 by buns
18 Jan 2012, 19:44
mdvipond

Hearty Congratulations on your anniversary ^) ^) ^)

Without folks like yourself, this Site would not be as friendly and informative as it is - and more importantly - welcoming. Your personal contribution has ensured that Trip Reports have attained a standard that for me makes this Site so special

SoThank You oo)

buns

(PS As this is a Birthday, has Tizer asked where the Jelly and Ice Cream may be found :w )
Virgin Atlantic