#282 by ghagger
18 Feb 2004, 17:12
Hey Guys,

First of all, I love this site, you've done all done great job.

My suggestion/question is this, is there at present any way for people to submit details of which aircraft was flying which route on a particular day. I think the 'Which Plane?' feature is great, but it seems to be running a month or so behind. For my part I'd be more than happy to submit details for my monthly flights to NY (which incedently was 'Cosmic Girl' VS001 on Friday 13th Feb, and 'Lady Penelope' VS002 on Tues 17th Feb.)

Also, if there's any other way in which I can contribute to this site I'd be happy to. As I mentioned I'm making regular trips to the states each month, but only in lowly economy (girlfriend, not business).

Keep up the good work :)

Graham
#25867 by Bazz
18 Feb 2004, 17:23
Hi Graham and welcome aboard,

I'm sure pix will respond, I don't know how easy it is to incorporate ad-hoc data into the system.

Bazz
Still Flying
#25868 by Pete
18 Feb 2004, 18:04
Hi

Originally the data was pretty spotty, and sometimes would go longer than a month between updates. Recently we've recruited Henry Lidster to manage the Overflight data, on which the Which Aircraft & Aircraft Database tools base their info.

January flights have now been loaded, and going forward the speed of getting new Overflight data into the system is improving.

Putting ad-hoc data into the system causes other complications, which are a bit technical to go into in detail, but effectively comes down to conflicts in consistency of the data.

Pix
#25924 by ghagger
19 Feb 2004, 23:41
pix...

I'm interested in the overflight data you mention. I'm a major flight sim enthusiast and am wondering at the potential this data has for helping make the sim a little more realistic.

Anyway, is there a website I should check out or something, or is it something that's hard to get and has to be paid for?

cheers,

Graham
#25926 by Pete
20 Feb 2004, 00:06
If you do a search for Overflight or ACARS on the net, you'll find a few options. There's also the Heathrow Airport Movements Page (forget the address, but a net search will find it) - that seems to have a pretty good database of flights, nicely categorised by airline if there's a specific one you're after.

Pix
#26781 by arfortune
16 Mar 2004, 16:13
I know this is tricky, but is there any way of adding the charter fligths into the aircraft database. I know that the followin flights have taken place so far:

21/12/2003 VHOT LHR - San Juan
03/01/2004 VROY LHR - San Juan
04/01/2004 VWOW LHR - New Orleans
#26795 by Pete
16 Mar 2004, 17:53
Could be tricky, since the overflight databases don't pick up on them without a regular flight number. I'll investigate....

Pix
Virgin Atlantic