#509 by Decker
20 Mar 2004, 22:22
Really enjoying the wealth of information on this site so thanks all! :D

Just noticed that the "date of last posting" at the bottom of the forum info does not take account of whether you can access a forum or not. So if a moderator posts on the moderator forum attempting to follow the link naturally presents a permission error.
#27194 by Pete
20 Mar 2004, 22:45
Hi Decker,

I've found the easiest way to keep up to speed with the growing number of posts is to use the Active Topics feature at the top of the page, which then presents the unread posts since your last visit (or you can tell it to display them by the last 15 minutes, or whatever).

There isn't really a way around the moderator forum effecting the 'last post' in the footer, unfortunately.

Pix
#27198 by Decker
21 Mar 2004, 01:32
Sounds good thanks! Now trying to get used to using the sabre tool [8D]
#27208 by Decker
21 Mar 2004, 12:09
'Nother MINOR niggle. The post Post forms that say "Click here to return to Forum" also redirect. Can the ability to redirect not be detected and this message eliminated? Having said that I see that we're using Snitz so perhaps I should be posting these sort of things there?
#27216 by TJ
21 Mar 2004, 12:56
Decker, I believe (please correct me Pix et al if I'm wrong) that the reason the 'Click here to return to forum' link is there is because on some browsers, the auto-redirect thing sometimes fails to work.

If the redirect does work, the link being doesn't matter (and therefore there's no harm it being there), but if the redirect doesn't work, you can use the link.

Hope that makes sense :)

TJ :)
#27227 by Decker
21 Mar 2004, 13:46
TJ perfect sense thanks - I just always seem to get to the link and click before the redirect clicks in and I wondered whether I was going where I wanted to :)
Virgin Atlantic