#591 by vs932
27 Mar 2004, 00:52
Hi pix - do you think it would be possible to add private messages?
i.e an icon you can click which sends a private message to the selected user name? or even instant messages which pop up intstantly if the user is online or when they next log on? (toughie for you!!!;))

also a whoose online section down the bottom of the page so you can see which members are online?

shaun
#27908 by Pete
27 Mar 2004, 00:57
Private Messages & Who's Online are both very possible. Not sure about the instant messaging - might need some kind of comms server to do the techie stuff.

What's everyone else think? Those features you'd use or want to see?

Pix
#27909 by Decker
27 Mar 2004, 00:57
Hey Shaun sorry about egg sucking lessons but you know you can send email by clicking one of the icons above the message?
#27910 by Pete
27 Mar 2004, 00:59
Interesting PM and Who's Online (buddies list) are both features of the new FlyerTalk expected on Tuesday.
#27911 by vs932
27 Mar 2004, 01:01
now now Decker!!! lol ;)
yes i know you can send e-mail but when you use web based like me you have to keep opening new windows (hate too many down the bottom!) also i thought whoose online and I.M would be good features? especially whoose online as i never know if i'm the only one still up!!!

but agree i spose that e-mail is there to be used just know from other forums that i like the P.M feature.

p.s pix YGM
#27912 by Decker
27 Mar 2004, 01:06
Well FWIW I'd like Instant Messaging and who's there is always interesting!
#27913 by anteo
27 Mar 2004, 01:07
Definately think 'who's online' is a good idea. I do sometimes wonder who is online and it will certainly help people find out how quickly they may get an answer to their question.

That said, with the new chat room opening up and everything, can this site get any better??? :D
#27914 by Pete
27 Mar 2004, 01:11
Well... I'll have to see what I can muster tonight while you're all tucked up in bed. Difficult to add the major features much before 2am in the morning :)

Pix
#27916 by vs932
27 Mar 2004, 01:17
quote:That said, with the new chat room opening up and everything, can this site get any better???

yes pix i take it this feature will stay? although have to sya very quiet tonite??? sat on my own for a while in there [:(]

shaun
#27917 by Pete
27 Mar 2004, 01:20
I think it'll stay, although I'm looking into the security features & colour coding before linking it into the main site.

Pix
#27924 by onionz
27 Mar 2004, 03:21
I wonder if FlyerTalk are moving over to phpBB forum software. That handles IM and Who's Online. I believe there are even import tools available to help move an existing forum - there might be one for Snitz Forums, should you ever wish to undertake that kind of challenge, pix! :)
#27925 by Pete
27 Mar 2004, 03:26
Who's Online feature is now live... working on the Private Messaging now.

Pix
#27926 by Pete
27 Mar 2004, 04:30
Private messaging is also now live. And added a 'messenger style' toast-popup for notification of when you get a new private message.

Pix
#27930 by mcuth
27 Mar 2004, 09:26
quote:Originally posted by pixuk
Well... I'll have to see what I can muster tonight while you're all tucked up in bed.

Tucked up in bed? Pah! Some of us have just got back in from a last night end of conference party here in Salt Lake City :D

Time to try and get my suitcases to shut now, they're packed full of my freebies from the conference, and I seem to have doubled the weight carried in a week. I'm on a Delta flight to SMF in the morning - hope that I don't run into any problems!

Cheers
Virgin Atlantic