#785 by onionz
08 Apr 2004, 18:40
Pix - just wanted to raise a very small point. In IE, the site has it's own little VF icon which appears on the address bar, but in Mozilla Firefox 0.8 this doesn't appear for some reason.

Bizarrely, sites such as Virgin Atlantic, Expedia and Opodo all have their own icon which appears in the address bar and the tab in Firefox, but don't have an icon in IE - or they don't on my PC anyhow..

Definitely some strange behaviour going on here! :)
#28748 by TJ
09 Apr 2004, 19:35
The site favicon doesn't appear in Firefox on the Mac either (or in Camino).

However, it does appear in Safari.

The main VS site doesn't appear to have a 'proper' VS favicon on either the Mac or PC. On both my home Mac and work PC it just comes up with some random grey square-type icon. Do other people see a Virgin logo-type icon on the site?
#28751 by mitchja
09 Apr 2004, 19:43
Yes I have one on mine - it's the tail fin 'Virgin' logo. I use IE 6.

I just deleted VS from my IE favorites list then added it again and it appeared. Using Cache Explorer I copy the favicons to a seperate folder on my hard drive then change the icon to point the favicon file I've just copied, that why the favicons dont disappear over time.

Done exactly the same with all my favicons including the VF one.

Regards
#28757 by onionz
09 Apr 2004, 20:57
Strange how browsers can't keep hold of those icons, isn't it?

Firefox loses the icons, but gets them back when you re-visit the site. I'm not sure how long they last for, but they go soon enough.

I used to save the icons in a similar manner, but i long ago gave up that game :).
#29228 by Bazz
15 Apr 2004, 16:38
Perhaps Mr Mannion could use some of his clout to find out from colleagues how one can force IE to retain site icons, it's behaviour is very annoying! [:(!]
Virgin Atlantic