#818 by Pete
10 Apr 2004, 13:52
With all those flight posts going in the itineraries forum to exotic destinations that you may not immediately recognise the three-letter code for, I've added a little feature to the forum this morning that will display the route map in the event posting if it recognises a valid route from the subject (LHR-SFO or MAN-MCO, for example).

Pix
#29033 by jonathan020
13 Apr 2004, 16:57
Lookin' gooood.

A suggestion.....

How about you have a dropdown of airport codes for the 'To' and 'From' airports (or just an input box 3 characters wide) and then have "Flight/Event" title automatically generated by what the poster has specified. This would iron out any inconsistancies like "Sep" "Sept" and "April" "April 2004"

Also it would be useful if the Events forum was automatically sorted by the date of the event. At the moment its sorted by the time someone posted which is not really all that useful.

What do you think?
#29041 by Pete
13 Apr 2004, 18:19
My initial reaction is that it would probably be a pig to implement, since an event post is really just another forum post with a couple of extra fields and a flag to say what it is - but I can look at it.

The calendar view (bottom of the default page, and any event postings) shows you what's happening in order of event, and clicking through to the main calendar then gives you all sorts of options on viewing. Is that what you were after? The view in the forum itself comes from the default forum view, and not sure whether I can (a) change it easily, or (b) whether new postings may be lost since they're no longer at the top of the list.

Hmmm... I'm not being very useful today, am I? Naughty pix.

P.
#29043 by jonathan020
13 Apr 2004, 18:29
Yeah I primarily use the calendar view at the bottom I just thought I would suggest the other changes as an improvement. Its not a pain at all but thought if it was simple to do I would suggest it.... as its not then dont worry :-)