#939214 by WPIL
21 Oct 2017, 11:15
Southwest Airlines - same price as most of the other airlines on this short hop but no charges (apparently although I was quoted $180 to change to the earlier flight) and no charge for up to 2 checked in bags.

A very quick dash on foot from Tom Bradley to T1, lots of work going on at LAX at present. Think it is quicker on foot as the vans/buses were all going in the other direction and not even sure if any of them are internal shuttles.

Check in quick and through security in approx 20 mins or so. Not much going on Terminal but does have a couple of bars and shops - stocked up on throat sweets after my "feeling refreshed on a dreamliner" experience with Norwegian.

Good views of runway North and sunset from the gate area. Very light load of around 30 people on what appeared to be a brand new 737-800. Was quiet impressed with it, leg room was good when compared to BA/VS/Ryan/Easyjet and Southwests older 737's.

Sat over the wing in a window seat, whole row to myself but was asked to move back a further 2 rows into another window seat. This occurred to a few passengers, looked like crew where trying to spread everyone out with the row in front and behind each person spare. 20 or so passengers where sat in the first few rows.

Flight time would be under an hour, took off towards the pacific on the Northern runway and then a wide left turn and flew over nighttime LA for approx 10 mins then darkness and then in no time on approach to Vegas.

Had to wait a few minutes for bag to arrive and then into a cab for the short trip to the Palazzo.

I am sure I wouldn't have been impressed if it was a full flight but the plane was new, clean with good legroom, crew were the usual friendly Southwest crew.