#237260 by Scrooge
07 Aug 2005, 23:33
OK normaly I wouldn't do a trip report for a flight like this,but I figured it would be fun to do one from a 'UCS flyer' point of view,so please have a read and enjoy,I hope it makes you smile,at least a little?

Check in online was very easy,printed up the boarding pass.
The wife was running a little late,but seeing as we only had carry on we were still able to stop of at the SouthWest Club house,some people would call it an In-n-Out burger,but to us it is the club house.After a nice meal of double double with cheese and a large coke,it was time to hop back into the limo(truck)and motor over to the airport.

Parked up quickly then up to security where we were rushed through the fasttrack lane(ok disabled lane,last flight out of the night so TSA was closing up),through the metal detectors,which failed to pick up not only the lighter in my pocket,but also the razor blade in a box of matches !!! No idea what it was doing in there,but when we went to the lounge(smoking room) we were a little surpirsed to find it there.Of course I disposed of it straight away.

We were in group A to board so we got into the 'priority line' and of course were first to baord,while to hoards looked on.

Took our seats at the front of the plane and waited while everyoneelse made there way past us.

Drink orders were taken and a coke appeared in front of me.

After loading a quick taxi then of into the night sky.The FA was about to take our food order,peanuts or pretzels,thats right no bangers and mash on this flight[y],when the flight deck came on and asked the FA's to take thier seats as we were about to hit some turbulence.

After a little rocking and rolling we were told that the food service was being suspended and to please shut of the IFE (PSP) as we would be landing soon.20 mins later we glided into ONT for a very nice landing[y].

Grabbed the bags from the over head and walked out to find our driver.

Driver (FIL) and limo were waiting at the curb for us and took us to the hotel(his house) for a nice relaxing weekend.

Over all a normal flight,food needs to be worked on,drink's on offer are kind of limited.The clubhouse cannot be beat [:D].

Thanks for reading this little bit of humor,in truth a good quick flight where everything went to plan.All for $33,can't complain.

Oh and happened to check the seat pitch as well,FA's gave me a strange look and the wife became engrosed in her book,but im unhappy to say that the Southwest 737-700 had a 33 inch seat pitch,for a 30 mintue flight comfortable enough.VS offers a 31 inch seat pitch for flights up to 12hrs...Amazing that Southwest offers more room but still manages to make a profit.