#237866 by iforres1
11 Sep 2005, 10:09
Since my flight to LGW today has come to an abrupt halt at the end of the runway and after being bussed back to the terminal, thought I may as well fill in time with my recent rip to PRN.

OS664 KBP-VIE Business

Check in was ok but no dedicated business desk. Was informed that I was the only PAX in this cabin on this flight. Bussed out to a Canadair RJ in Austrian Arrows livery and being operated by Tyrolean.
Cabin as you can imagine was on the small side with very standard seating of 2+2. No diff in seats as to econ or Business.

Standard take off, and shortly after Austrian sparkling wine was provided with canapes. Very tasy.

Offered bar service but declined[:0]. Main course followed with a sushi salad[y]that even had its own minature bottle of Kikkoman soya sauce. Followed by Angus beef medallions wich were very good and slightly pink in the middle, mushroom and gnocchi sauce and some grilled veg. Dessert was summer friuts and some sort of creamy thing.
All in all not a bad effort especially on a flight that was 1hr 30mins.

VIE-PRN

Deplaned at Vienna where passport control was at the bottom of the aircraft steps? Did not understand this at all. On a bus to arrivals hall and then an another bus to gates C and into a very shabby transit hall. Through scurity and upstairs to the gate. My first time flying to Pristina so not quite sure what to expect PAX wise, however flight was 80% full of squaddies from all manner of countries.

Flight called and no priority for business so joined in the scrum. My seat 5F had been occupied by a women and child who were travelling with Hubby who was in the row in front. No big deal and I took another seat a couple or rows back as cabin was quietish.

The 'middle seat had been reserved for my comfort' so at least nobody sitting next to me. Austrian seem to pride themselves on this marketing slogan, god knows why.

Same service as before, efficient if not slightly germanic.

Same canapes as previous flight, same sushi as previous flight although main meal was chicken with a herb crust. Again refused bar service[:0]Wanted to make a good impression[:D]

IFE was drop down screens with comedy sketches and in flight sky map.

Fairly uneventful flight, the way i like them.

Landed into pristina on time, to a very very small terminal building.

Iain