#237868 by iforres1
11 Sep 2005, 11:45
An early rise meant leaving the hotel at 5.45am for the 7am flight Whilst checking out the hotel i noticed the Austrian crew having breakie in the hotel, so thought no rush.
Taxi to the airport, (tried to scrounge a lift with crew but got told NO)[:D]

Now as previously mentioned Pristina is a small airport so queing up outside the terminal to enter security is the norm, at least it was warm despite the early time. Again no dedicated check in for business, I thought this was standard service on *Alliance.
Boarded on time to an A320. Now the middle seat which should be 'reserved for my comfort' had mysteriously become 'unreserved for my discomfort' and occupied by a teenager who immediately put her feet up on the chair in front, bless her.

Flight was full and several double seat reservations became obvious resulting in a few op ups to business.

IFE was same drop down screens with same comedy programmes as before.

Sparkling wine/ orange juice servred before breakie.

Now Austrian provided a Buy on Board service for those in Econ, ranging from pastries to pizza, and a decent enough breakie box is also provided (for a cost).

Business breakie was friuts, omlette roll and brocolli..hmm very average. The breakie box looked better.

Now what did annoy me was that the girl beside me got a breakie box (free) and the op up's got the full breakfast, despite the girl being a full paying business PAX. (Daddy was brining her back to the states)

Crew obviously deciding who got what because they were short of meals, bad call on Austrian's behalf. Surely the op up's should get the breakie box if meals are short rather than full paying PAX.

Anyway flight was amusing with Mr Business-man in front of me being very demanding and letting everybody else know on the flight that he only flies business. TW*T
He was miffed because he never got his headphones when they were given out(even though he was pretending to be asleep). Crew brought him phones although he never even took then out the packing. He pressed his call bell 14 times during the 1hr 30 min flight. Is this a record[:D].

Landed in to VIE on time. Same nonsense with buses to go between gates, back in to the same shabby transit hall before being called for my flight to Kyiv.

OS 770Vie-KBP

Slept the entire 1hr 30 mins and woke up on landing. Too much raki the night before[xx(]

Would I fly Austrian again, probably yes but it is nothing special.

Iain