#237869 by iforres1
11 Sep 2005, 12:09
A date to remember for all the wrong and tragic reasons.

Putiing this memory to the back of my mind set of for the airport at 7am. 30 mins later arrived at check in. This flight home gave me an opportunity to pack up some belongings before we move for pastures new in a couple of weeks, so 3 bags and 30KG later and no charge from the nice lady behind the desk it was off to passport control and security. No hassles this morning.

Collected my laptop from the office and boarding was called on time. Doors closed and normal taxi out to the runway.
Crew seats for departure, and then it was full throttle and off we went. Or so we thought. A good halfway down the runway at what must have been V1 speed, the captn applied full brakes and reverse thrust, which I must admit came as a bit of a surprise[:0] After a lot of noise and shuddering the aircraft came to a halt right at the end of the runway, no problems with the brakes anyway[:D]

A slow taxi back to ramp parking with some nice shiney red lorries with twinkling lights at our side. No announcemnts, nothing. Buses came to collect us and took us back to the terminal. No explanations, only that at 2pm local will we get an update.

Emergency vodka was deployed in 50gram measures.

So there you have it, a pre flight TR

Iain