#237882 by sky
12 Sep 2005, 11:04
After another lucky weekend in Stockholm with beautiful weather and spectacular true to Wagner Rheingold at the Royal Opera, something I can warmly recommend any Opera lover to go see in February, it was time to go back home to London again (home for another 10 days or so!).

Arrived at ARN Terminal 2 (A huge win for BA to be able to fly from Terminal 2) 35 minutes before takeoff, quick checkin they mutter about my FF number not matching or something, but I don't have the information with me. Get a 150 SEK (12 quid) voucher for use with food. No security queue but huge queue to the cafeteria, so I skip that and walk up to the Finnair Lounge.

Lounge is big and airy, has beer but no other alcohol but a good supply of peanuts. Wifi is not free but there are wired up computers that I use to check news on. Aircraft arrives about the time we are supposed to leave and we have a 20 minutes delay.

Get called for boarding at 21:00 by the lounge and I walk past the cafeteria and pick up some small bites then pass passport control and arrive just as the last Y pax have boarded. C is fairly empty and I take my 2A seat, I don't like the bulkhead but I want to be as far up as possible, and A has a nice view and lots of room next to you! Takeoff at 21:20, reset watch to 20:20 and have a cup of tee and some water with my light bites, then fall asleep soundly and wake up 15 minutes before landing, London is completely covered in clouds so we don't see anything until 2-3 minutes before touchdown.

Cabin personel do not hand out my coat to me, instead they just chatter and chatter, they must be overwhelmed with the amount of work they don't have to do with no catering! I have to grab it on my way causing delay to the deplaning but I am quickly off, no line at immigration and no checked luggage. Terminal 1 baggage must be as close to hell you can get to on earth, so it felt extra good just walking past it and on to the Heathrow Express. Used a VS upgrade voucher to sit in the front coach, which was a blessing since they are running short trains and the train was packed! No waiting time for a cab at Paddington and I was home at 23:45, an hour after I landed!

All ok flight, but I lacked the onboard catering, hopefully BA fixes this. I wouldn't want to fly on any of their long-haul services right now.

Cheers
sky