#237936 by Scrooge
15 Sep 2005, 15:19
Well this was supposed to be a WT+ tr,but when we got to the desk at LAX and asked about the chance of an upgrade to CW (plastic in hand)the gentalman at the desk gave us a very strange look then passed us our boarding passes.I noticed that the seat numbers were different then prebooked and was about to throw a hissy fit when it dawned on me that these seats were in Club.I gave the CC to the gentalman at the desk and he gave it back to me without running it,after a couple of seconds of strange looks he smiled and said 'enjoy your flights'

Op Up !!! wow a first on BA,I of course feel it was my charm,the wife thinks it was the shirt that was showing alot of cleveage[:I]

Anyways we were meeting friends who happened to be taking a different flight out of LAX at that time,so no use of the lonuge,off to the gate and hurry up and sit and wait...and wait..and wait...

Im guessing all west bound flights wre late getting in that day,I was looking for VS07 which showed up around 3.30pm,dont know if it was LHR playing up or headwinds.

Anyways boarding is called,FC and CW to the left of the desk and WT+ to the right,the agents manage to beat back the coach pax rushing to get on,left turn then straight into our seats 14 E and F.

The wife is going nut's by this time,it's her firsttime in a 'real' biz class she's playing with the controls leaving me to get the bags into the lockers.

Champers and oj are offered the refilled and refilled again.
We have 2 FA's for our small cabin of 38 pax.

Take off is non eventful though it is strange to be flying backwards.

IFE starts up with the same old news and well being show then probably 20 mins into the flight the films start rolling[y].In the mean time,i've set up my PSP on the small handle that you use to pull out the screen and have T2 playing with the map going behind it,for some reason this stops all action by the FA's and they run over and start asking questions about it.

This is an Older system so you have to wait for all the movies to finish before they start again,I do explain to the wife that some of the VS metal now have VOD systems,she gives that a big[y].

About an hour in and food is served.Now I did have some worries about this because of the BA/GG situation,but of course the food was loaded in LAX so I shouldn't of worried.

To start was a strange dish,kind of a salmon and onion thing,just chopped up and put on a plate,looked starnge but I liked it.

Next was the main course,nice touch by BA,the FA bring's around a tray with each of the starters on it,you get to pick,so rather than it being a mystery on what you getting you know straight off.

I went for the chicken Korma which was good,the wife had the steak,which while it looked like roadkill didn't taste half bad.

Dessert was a choice betewwn some pie or ice cream,we both took the ice cream.

Finish off with a coffee and a brandy and im a happy camper.

Convert the seat to a bed which is just a push of a button and lay down.

As has been mentioned on here before,the CW is about 4/5 size,meaning if it was 20% bigger it would be great as it was it was ok and was a lot better than WT+.The bed itself was kind of hard,but by this time I had been up for close to 20 hrs so I could off slept anywhere.

Wale up about 5 hrs later,look at the map to see we have 90 mins to go.

Breakfast is served,I was hoping for a hot english breakfast,but not to be.A choice of fresh fruit or some horrible looking egg dish,even as we both requested the fruit the FA said'good idea' !

Also at this time the FA's came around and asked if we would like to visit the arrivals lounge,we took the invites,though as it turned out we didn't have time to use them.

Landing on time

Quickly of the plane and through immagration,only to sit around for 45 mins for our bags to come off,out the door and off to the hotel.

All in all a good flight,FA's were very good,food was good seat was ok,though the wife thought it was great,I wa to busy thinking about the UCS and how they compare.IMHO BA has a good product and in many ways it compare highly with VS,though the suite and FC are better than BA's.

just saw a post in the VS TR section about the seats.So I decided to expand a little on the NNCW seat.

In a sitting postion it is very comfortable,a little tight across the shoulders,but still good.
As a bed it falls down.The pading is way to hard,there is a lumbar support that is supposed to move away but won't and you still get that coffin feeling when you first wake up.