#238087 by sky
27 Sep 2005, 09:58
First leg of my journey, time to visit my brother in Krakow and avoid spending money for a week!

After packing my life into a container, I still ended up with far too many clothes plus a vacuum cleaner, my dad insisted I bring it over to Poland for the apartment in Warsaw, which meant I had 6 individual pieces of luggage including a vacuum cleaner. Now I usually travel with one hand luggage and one suitcase so this was a quite big change.

After a early start, the cab failed to arrive at 7 to drive me to Victoria, so I hailed a black cab and got some much needed help with the lugge, arrived quickly at Victoria were I discovered to my delight that the Gatwick Express has porters (never seen them at Paddington). They quickly took me down to the first class carriage were I used my FC upgrade voucher! (It is odd that you get 5 when you reach AU, quite not entirely symmetrical), and I was off, same thing on the other side, porter helped me up and put everything on a carriage. If it hadn't been for the porters I am unsure what I would have done!

I had used OLCI the night before so I had seat 04A, as this is the first row in economy it has a business configuration, that together with the delta crown room and no security line made it feel nearly like a business class experience [:)].

I managed to meet iforrest1 quickly outside the terraces lounge, he was off to Pristina [:D], nice to finally meet another v-flyer in person.

I slept all flight, so not much to report, arrived in a sunny Krakow and was quickly through immigration and baggage pickup.

Not a bad flight, but hardly glamorous, still better than an LCC.

Cheers
sky