#238150 by iforres1
29 Sep 2005, 21:22
Ok, it has been a few years since I've travelled from North terminal with BA, but for several years this place was like a second home( before BA re structured and moved shed loads of flights to LHR).

Now I have history with BA, marital and non marital and some times a bit of both, with a bit of load control thrown in so I do have a soft spot for them. So misty eyes may appear at some point[:D]

I don't know why but it actually took me a few minutes to find the Club Europe check-in, as the place is now full of slf service machines, but I wanted the old fashioned way. Eventually found the correct zone and procceeded to the desk.

No probs and through security but I thought I may have got a fast track sticker but nope, did not need it as I went to that line anyway without a problem.

Headed straight to the terraces lounge which was crap, disappointed was an understatement, and I won't bore you with the details.
What I was looking forward to was using my all singing and dancing wi-fi jiggery pokey laptop. Now most of this IT stuff is witchcraft to me so I thought I could just switch on and away i would go, but it seems you have to pay for this stuff. Sorted out a BT voucher and off i went, only to notice that SKY was online in the forum in the delta lounge upstairs. A quick hello and he was off to Krakow plus the rest of his round the world escapades. See you in LAS hopefully.

Boarding called and the longish hike over the new bridge to gate 112.

All settled in at 3c and that was mostly it. No IFE on the 734 (which incidently was G-DOCW, a plane I have travelled on many times during my stint in LED) The starter has gone from the CE meal, main course was pasta Gnocchi or beef bordelaise. I chose the pasta. Wine was ok but service was poor. METAL CUTLERY WAS ON BOARD THOUGH[y] Purser alhough pleasant disappeared up the back and for 35mins, no crew were attending to the club cabin[:(!] Sorry i refuse to press the button when i should have some sort of service.

Arrived into Pristina sober, a first on any BA flight.

LGW crew used to be superb, but by god have things gone down hill at BA. I will have many opportunities to see if they redeem themselves over the next few years so watch this space.

However the ground crew in PRN are [y][y][y][;)]

Iain