#238164 by Scrooge
30 Sep 2005, 15:59
Just had to make a quick run down to LA and back yesterday,so off to LAS.

No line at sercurity so straight through and up to the screening station..stand in line for a minute then get told I have to remove my shoes...Don't know what it was but something came over me..I said no,he says yes,i say again no.he again says I have to.

Going Decker I pull out the paper which has one it (you dont have to take of your shoes) from the TSA website..

the guy says ok,I walk through,he stops me and says I have to go to secondary screening with a smile on his face.

So I move down to secondary screening and ask for a supervisor.
Im given a quick pat down only to find....nothing...the supervisor come's up and ask's me how he can help.I explain what had just happened and he goes on to explain the TSA's job..I explain that while I understand and agree with it,when the rule is you don't have to do something,to be sent for secondary screening because you didn't do what you don't have to do is not only stupid,it's also a waste of everyone's time.

Anyhows Mr Supervisor goes of and talks the the young man who nods and laughs..now im pissed..

So I wander down to the gate where there is the same old southwest crowd..screaming kids..please don't let them be near me.

Boarding is called and the made rush starts,seeing as this is a light load only A and B lined up I hang back a minute and let everyone run on..

Kid's are still screaming,so on with the NCH and Ipod..don't know what was happening,but after taxining we were straigght on the runway and away..no wating,a first for me at LAS..

no much to write about for the flight..typlical southwest..coke and peanuts..kid's stopped screaming [y]

smooth landing then off the plane..did what I needed to do then back to terminal one..

No shoe check here...straight through no problem.

I wouldn't mind the shoe check if it was the rule and if it was enforced across the system,but with one airport or screener trying to enforce it and other's not it's just a pain.