#238276 by jmf
06 Oct 2005, 22:43
Firstly I'm beginning to wish I'd posted this much earlier so that I didn't have to rely on my memory ... this could be short! [:D]

As seems to have been the norm for this trip, I needed to go see the gate agent to get my boarding pass re-printed. I only had the VS one so this didn't have the all important zone number on - still haven't worked out how all this works, it's definately not by row number or even maybe window seats first, who knows .... Anyway, at least it killed a few minutes. By now of course I'm getting really tired and just want to get that last short flight over and done with.

Boarding was on time (I think, see this is where I wish I'd either done this earlier or made notes!). I can't remember if I mentioned this on the previous DL TR but one thing that never ceases to amaze me is the size of the carry-ons that American's take on board instead of checking. This seems to lead to all sorts of craziness if the flight is full because there's not going to be enough room for everyone's luggage and they start having to check the rollaboards at the gate.

I don't remember much about the flight, oh apart from the fact that we had a few sailors on board all looking very smart in their white uniforms all obviously headed back to the base at Pensacola (think Officer and a Gentleman, ladies [;)][;)])

The one thing I remember about disembarking goes back to the big luggage issue. The woman who was sat next to me had struggled to fit her case in the overhead bin, so come the time to try and get it back out, she was having an even harder time pulling it back out. So much so that when she gave it one last good pull, it flew out sending her and case crashing to the floor and those of us all stood around her. Cheers Missus that's a lovely bruise I'll have on my calf for the first week of my holiday because you wouldn't check your case!

My friends were waiting to collect me and off we headed for the 1 hour journey to Mobile, AL.