#254753 by miopyk
08 Jun 2008, 16:12
Well it's been more than a week since our return so I thought I'd post a TR for the return from Barcelona.

Using my touch to check in the day before all we had to do this morning was was finish off the packing and check out of our hotel before getting the shuttle to the airport to which we arrived at around 9.30 and it was absolutely packed.

We found the BA check in desks of which there were only 2 open and it seemed like there was a lot of confusion in the queue which we joined. The lady in front explained that everyone was being told to use the check in terminals before joining the queue and dropping their bags off to which I said oh, we checked in on line last night. As it happens a BA person overheard this and said if you have already checked in you can go to the front of the queue as all these people are waiting for friends of family to finish checking it at the terminals.

At first we were really pleased until we saw the looks we were getting but then I thought hey, you win some you loose some and today through good planning we won one. 10 minutes later we were upstairs enjoying a late breakfast.

The plane pushed back a little late and we made our way to the runway which took at least 15 minutes and I think is the longest taxi I have ever done. It was an immediate take off and we headed out over the sea before banking and starting to make our way up north.

The flight was pretty uneventful, a bit bumpy in places but other than that quite good. As per my previous report the cabin was a bit scruffy but the seats were comfortable and perfectly adequate for such a short flight. We were served a sandwich and drinks and after around an hour and a half we started our decent to Heathrow and a first for us no stacking we just landed.

Getting off the plane we did our usual, headed to immigration as quickly as possible and passing one group of people we heard one of them say in a loud voice 'they'll still have to wait for their luggage so rushing won't get then anywhere'. Looking back it was a rather large lady with a lobster tan and she gave me a big sarcastic grin. Ignoring her we carried on.

Now the next bit couldn't have been planned better. We were third in line for immigration and the lady we saw barely looked at our passports before waving us through. Next as we were coming down the escalator to the baggage hall I saw one of our bags appear on the belt and when we got to the floor the other bag appeared. We quickly scooped them up and went to customs which was also pretty empty.

We headed outside to the bus stop for the car park and waited about 5-10 minutes before the bus appeared. We got on board and just as we sat down we saw the lobster tan lady waving franticly at the bus to stop which of course it didn't and as we drove by I gave her a little wave with a big grin on my face. Hers needless to say looked like thunder.

Apart from being held up a little by the 3rd Runway protests we were shortly on our way home. So all in all a good holiday, good flight and a bit of fun at the end. Not a bad day.

Miopyk[8D]