#255123 by pontig
06 Jul 2008, 15:22
I'd heard some horror stories before I embarked on this flight, so it was with much trepidation that I arrived at Gatwick. Check-in was a joke, I was traveling with 6 friends and the agent rolled her eyes when we arrived at the desk! I enquired if there were any extra legroom seats available for purchase, and was pleased to be informed that there were. But then, for some reason that to this day I will never understand (too tight for my own good possibly) I declined and accepted an aisle seat. I'm 6ft 4.

Cut to boarding, I had never realised what 28 inch legroom looked like! I was in pain within about 15 minutes of sitting down, which didn't diminish for the entire 4 and a half hour flight. The thing that kept me amused was that the lady in front couldn't recline her seat, and kept on banging it backwards and turning around and glaring! Maybe she expected me to lift my legs vertically?!

However I am pleased to report that the cabin staff were friendly and efficient, and the in flight entertainment was perfectly sufficient for a (relatively) short flight. If you can cope with the 28-inch legroom (maybe if you are below 5ft 8!) then ThomsonFly aren't too bad as LCC's go. I however will look at other options for my next trip to Gran Canaria in the winter, Iberia via Barcelona is looking favourite. Unless anyone else knows of a better option?