#850877 by 747Rich
08 Jul 2013, 16:14
Norweigan airlines.

Not sure if there is a TR for NA, so thought I would go ahead and do one...

Travelled to Gatwick the night prior and checked into the Sofitel - in my opinion the best Gatwick Hotel. Took the car to the long stay car park, then back to the room for a shower, then down to eat at the Oriental restaurant in the Hotel. Very good, very much the same to our last visit!!

Early get up, with the short trip over to the south terminal. Norweigan have recently increased the number of flights from Gatwick and I have to say, the check in was a little shambolic!! Not able to check in on-line, you had to use a self service kiosk to check in, then queue to drop your bags, but all this wasn't clear and we kind of had to work that bit out for ourselves! Friendly check in agent, who didn't flinch when all our cases were overweight! (The better half doesn't travel light!!)

Through the duty free and to the number 1 lounge - it's no clubhouse, but we like it and the food, drinks and service were all good. We only had just over an hour in there, as it took so long to check in and it went by very quickly!

Down to board and a short queue and we took our seats in 2a and 2b. It was only £5 each to reserve seats, so thought I would get some at the front.

Flight was very smooth and what we liked was how friendly the staff were and how they weren't pushy/salesy in the slightest (not like our friends on a certain airline...) drinks round complete, duty free etc and due to a short flight time, it was almost time to descend. We also benefited from the free wifi on board, which was a little slow at times, but generally worked ok for browsing.

Straight through passport control, no queue, but then wait for it, almost three hours waiting for car hire!! Not great, but what can you do.

Back to Norweigan, certainly look to fly with them again, I am sure in time they will sort out the check in procedure, as it was poor coming home as well, but overall, very good for a budget airline.

ONCE we had the car, we were off to our holiday destination for two very enjoyable weeks. Only 97 days to the next one, counting the days already!