#862955 by floridaflygirl
18 Dec 2013, 15:34
With my heavy coat in hand I began the journey from our 80 degrees in Florida to the cold north of Ohio, first leg of the trip was from MCO to ATL. For only $84 a person we had upgraded to First Class, this was an easy decision to make!
This first flight was great, well once we got through the crazy mess of Orlando Airport Security that is. All the lines were backed up and even the Priority Lane was at least a 15 minute wait. When we finally got to the airside it was quite busy.
As we were the first to board though we didn't have to worry too much about what was going on in the gate area. It was nice to turn left and head to our large comfy seats with lots of legroom. On the seat there was a pillow and blanket along with a bottle of water on the seat divider. Quickly we were offered drinks from a lovely cabin crew member.
The announcements then started about passengers in Economy needing to check their wheeled bags as there wasn't enough room for all of them. After about 30 minutes of this the door was finally closed. Since we were enjoying the comfort of First I didn't mind at all and the time passed fairly quickly.
Delta now allows you to use electronic devices from gate to gate, so long as they're in airplane mode (laptops and portable DVD players have to be stowed for take off and landing), it was nice to keep reading my e-book and not have to turn it off.
Shortly after take off drinks were offered again, this time in real glass glasses, and the snack basket was offered again and again.
Overall good service for such a short flight.
The rest of the trip went well, flight 1126 from ATL to CVG and on 15th December Flight 2103 from CVG to MCO. The weather in Ohio was cold but we managed to bundle up and do a lot!
Worth the $84 extra per person!