#865487 by welsheagle
28 Jan 2014, 18:04
Funeral over and a couple of days spent with the family and it was time to head home.

For the return leg to Johannesburg, I had booked on the Dark Side as it was cheaper than their LCC subsidiary! And, heresy, I actually quite enjoy flying with them. :|
Just as an aside, this was the only flight where I was welcomed by name.

Made good use of the free wifi while replacing lost moisture with a couple of Windhoeks and then on to the plane at first call. Not so full this time and I had an empty seat next to me.
Once again ready for pushback ahead of time but held up by Johannesburg ATC being under some sort of pressure with incoming aircraft.

Eventually left about 10 minutes late but this was made up en route and arrival at the gate was about 2 minutes ahead of schedule.

The interior of a rather elderly 737-300 was showing its age a bit but it was clean and the seats as comfortable as any.
Drinks were served together with a choice of filled roll and then tea or coffee. I have to give it to BA/Comair – they do pretty well with their service on what is a very short flight of just over 40 minutes.

Straight in to Johannesburg with the usual long taxi to the gate and we were soon off and into the building. This time my suitcase came through without any attempted pilfering and I was in the Arrivals hall within about 10 minutes of pulling up at the gate.