#866303 by downhillski1
10 Feb 2014, 05:37
Originally booked on DL5843 at 1:00pm....but woke up early Sunday morning to discover my flight had been cancelled due to weather and I was automatically rebooked on DL9860 at 10:15am. Well it was 7:30am and I was an hour from the airport....time to leg it!

And leg it I did. I go there at 9:20, barely waited in any line, and was checked in by a friendly agent. I asked about checking my bag through to Sydney. Was told it was possible if the connection time wasn't the 10 hours I had....Security took all of 5 minutes. Super efficient.

I arrived at gate 44 and asked about my flight time as I was booked on the 10:15 but the flight on the board was a 10am. The agent happily rebooked me on the 10am flight without even asking. Kudos to delta.

However, instead of submitting a bag reroute request, she accidentally submitted a pull bag request. I found this out because I received a call from from a person in the Delta office explaining everything and saying they will run my bag out to the flight.

Sure enough, as boarding was called, I saw a man driving a tug pull up to the plane with my bag in the passenger seat. Boarding began at 10AM, a few min late, and we pushed back at 10:12am.

After takeoff, a snack of hummus, carrots, celery, whole grain crackers, and sunflower seeds was served along with a drink. A definite step up from previous economy meals, especially on the "connection" flights. I was expecting junk and was nicely surprised.

Touchdown was at 11:25, less than an hour flight time. A 10min taxi to the gate and my bag was within the first few off. All in all an easy flight.

I'm writing this from the *A lounge at TBIT while waiting for my Virgin Australia flight to Sydney for the past 5 hours. Please excuse the typos :P