#878169 by dickydotcom
16 Jul 2014, 09:11
A quick weekend trip up to Edinburgh.
I motorbike the 30 miles to Heathrow and park under the ramp at terminal 1.
On the way out I was in row 9 and chose an aisle seat.
A bit of a mistake to choose row 9 as drinks are served both from the front and back so it was quite a time before I got served. I only had tea and biscuit as I was driving.
Trip took exactly and hour and I was quickly off the plane and over to the car pickup.
Return trip 15th July.
I booked the new No 1 lounge.
It is very clean, spacious and has friendly staff.
There is a reasonable choice of snack food and a good range of drinks. There were three choices of more substantial food on the menu and I had a chicken Caesar salad wrap which was very nice.
The plane took off on time and again was only an hour to get to London, but we had to go into a holding pattern over the city for 10 min and once we had landed it seems to take another ten to get to the gate.
This time I was in row 2 and had decided to board last.
Another mistake as the only overhead locker was 4 rows back.
However, I retrieved my bag as we started the decent and put it under the seat in front so I was quickly off the plane and onto my bike.
Then had the nightmare that is the M25. 7 p.m. and solid traffic stationary at times. (that's why I ride a motorbike though) An hour later home and open a bottle of bubbly to relax.
Dick D

P.S. Although I wasn't drinking alcohol, the crew on the return trip were very free with it to those in the front couple of rows. Even after the trollies had been put away they were still topping up the wine. I think one or two had at least four glasses.
#880870 by dickydotcom
21 Aug 2014, 18:14
djack8 wrote:Thanks for the TR Dick D.

What were the pax loads like on both flights?

Dan

Apologies for not replying sooner. I seem to recall about 75% full both ways.
I've just done another trip and they were almost full.
Dick D