#879209 by pjh
30 Jul 2014, 15:34
Sounds like a great trip....I think the "yes we can do that for you...in First" would have floored me. y)

Now didn't someone else fly First on BA recently :w
#879218 by marshy11
30 Jul 2014, 17:45
What a great angle on a TR. Very interesting and I'm so glad it was all and more you thought it would be.
#879220 by WPIL
30 Jul 2014, 17:54
What an experience, I am not sure that the off terminal lounge at BGI is anything special, although I am sure it beats the lounge by the gates hands down! I believe you get driven out to the steps of the aircraft and I did read somewhere that it is not just for BA First pax and that UC could use but I have only read that once.

Thinking of giving BA a go when I do Bim in 2017 (2015 will be VS, nearly there on the 300k needed) plenty of time to get those miles, as I have never flown BA long haul but will have to persuade the other half who is not a big fan of BA. Flying in First could work? :?

Would be a much easier choice if they did fly from Heathrow.

Did you have much interaction with the other passengers, I seem to nearly always get lucky in not just having a good crew but good passengers who like a drink/chat at the bar!
#879223 by PaulS
30 Jul 2014, 19:13
I loved the trip report. My circumstances are likewise having moved over from VS two years ago. I had my first F flight in May to ATL and I agree it was truly amazing (and the CCR is fantastic). Now off to Greneda six weeks today and having just read this I am counting the minutes.
#879227 by marshy11
30 Jul 2014, 21:52
Grenada, was there for Christmas.....beautiful island, amazing beaches. Enjoy it.
#879228 by Vegascrazy
30 Jul 2014, 22:38
Thanks for a fab TR, makes me extra excited about my first BA First (in the A380!) experience this Oct. The key thing for me with the BA scheme is that, with the 241 vouchers, it is drastically cheaper than VS in terms of miles outlay/taxes. We're CW out to MCO and First back from LAX and the whole thing for two of us cost just 125k Avios and less than £1k in tax.
#879232 by hiljil
31 Jul 2014, 09:07
Thank you for a really interesting TR. What a wonderful experience.
Envious ? Moi ?! :#
#879234 by HWVlover
31 Jul 2014, 11:43
Excellent report Concorde, thanks for the link.

And I noted your "but I missed out on that this time around" when mentioning the lounge in Barbados. Avios are being collected I guess?

My likely only first experience was a miles upgrade from J on EK. And never have 57500 Skywards miles been so well spent, 14 hours plus of sheer indulgence between BNE and DXB.

pjh wrote:Now didn't someone else fly First on BA recently :w

Paul, I am sure you are right. For some reason the words "chop chop" are coming to mind.
): ):
#879235 by HWVlover
31 Jul 2014, 11:53
marshy11 wrote:Grenada, was there for Christmas.....beautiful island, amazing beaches. Enjoy it.

Ah..Grenada...such happy memories of seqs and gawd and A****** listers
y)
#879236 by iforres1
31 Jul 2014, 11:59
What a lovely experience and for which I am sure all enjoyed. Never quite done the BA First experience, loyalties at present lay with EK, which I have treated myself with miles occasionally to the F cabin. Made easier by availability of course which VS never have.
Iain
#879241 by Concorde RIP
31 Jul 2014, 14:22
Thanks for your comments everyone.

I certainly won't be forgetting this trip in a hurry, and the Avios are building up nicely again and I already have another companion (2 for 1) voucher to use...so might be doing it again before too long!

Trouble I have now is that I got zero tier points on this trip, and need 40 more before next March to requalify at AG - any suggestions?

Grenada - would be interested in learning more. Have been thinking about trying a different island in the caribbean, b but haven't been convinced of any that look as good as Barbados...
Virgin Atlantic