#882029 by honey lamb
04 Sep 2014, 22:58
Fuzzy14 wrote:Epic!

I love these trip reports, near disaster averted! Funny how BA charged me a £5 fee to recover an iPad from a plane but when travelling First you got your purse back for free. I think you've got your title back for now!

Erm, Fuzzy, it was from Aer Lingus that I recovered the purse so there was no cost involved with BA. If Aer Lingus had charged - well long-term members of this site know that my son, Aer John now works for Aer Lingus so I possibly might have played that card - if only to embarrass him! :o)
#882033 by gfonk
04 Sep 2014, 23:15
PaulS wrote:
gfonk wrote:O.M.G.!!! lol wow

I too would love to fly BA F oneday though (if the price is right). have to say surprised that BA dont have a DTCI at their own terminal:-0

I don't think this would ever be possible. VS is really a "Boutique" airline and when you consider that the business class check in area at T5 is bigger than the whole of VS area at T3 plus there is also the first class wing, The drive through would have to be like the toll booths on the M6. BA have more aircraft leaving per hour than VS do all day so it just wouldn't be feasible. I only ever used the DTCI once in over 60 UC flights as I usually connected in or came by train so I don't think it would attract any new business to BA. Also I love the first class wing as the treatment you get is fantastic especially if you are gold or above. On my last flight to MAD in economy the check in lady even let me check in a bag on a hand baggage only fare just because I was gold

oh i see.
first world problem lol and a bit sad i know but does that mean when arriving at T5 by say taxi or CDC you arent even greeted by a porter? you actually have to get your own trolley?
#882038 by tontybear
05 Sep 2014, 02:58
gfonk wrote:first world problem lol and a bit sad i know but does that mean when arriving at T5 by say taxi or CDC you arent even greeted by a porter? you actually have to get your own trolley?

Certainly not!

That's what his valet is for! :o) :o)