#880135 by spacedog
12 Aug 2014, 14:49
We boarded the flight to SAN (VS4755) and the first thing we noticed was how awful the seats were. They had absolutely no head or neck support, and no pillows so that you could create lumbar support. This meant also an absence of blankets despite the AC being on very high and it being a long flight, almost as long as the LHR > JFK leg. There was also no food beyond pretzels and cookies unless you wanted to purchase things, which on a flight that long, domestic or not, also seemed poor. We arrived very tired and I hurt my neck nodding off several times without any support :( This meant I slept very badly for most of our trip away.

Overall I felt CC on Delta were really good, friendly and efficient, and the food on the international leg wasn't a big issue as you can always bring your own. But the domestic leg of the journey really lets them down and feels very much like a low budget airline.

In addition, we haven't been awarded our solitary TP or the miles for this leg of the journey. Unfortunately I can't find the boarding passes, so not sure if it's even worth making the claim as I don't have all the paperwork.
#880158 by Shaz72
12 Aug 2014, 22:35
Thanks for the report, we flew from JFK to San Diego last year with JetBlue and it was a really good flight.

By any chance we you in San Diego for comic con?

Sharon
#880210 by spacedog
13 Aug 2014, 19:56
Blacky1, the international leg was fine, it was just the domestic one which was a let down. If you're flying in a premium cabin you may have better luck/more comfort :)

Shaz72, I wish JetBlue were partnered with Virgin! We definitely knew Delta was a bit of a risk.

Yes, we were there for SDCC! Hence my irritation at not sleeping too well with the sore neck; it's our busiest week of the year for networking and meetings and we work 10-12 hour days at the show. Have you been?

I forgot to add that I found our boarding passes. I had to rescue OH's from the bin in the hotel in San Diego so I would have been annoyed if they'd slipped through my fingers again. Filling in the missing miles form tonight...
#880229 by Shaz72
13 Aug 2014, 23:03
Glad you found your boarding pass, we decided against claiming miles for our internal flights and that's why we went with JetBlue

Yes we have been to comic con 5 times within the last 6 years. Just trying to decide whether we should go next year. We have made some really good friends as we are part of a uk group of attendees on Facebook if you are interested

Sharon
Virgin Atlantic