#883369 by Av8tor
18 Sep 2014, 16:15
As we had been in Jamaica until the 12th and left for Paris on the morning of the 14th we hadn't noticed, or been informed by the airline, of the proposed Air France strike from 15 - 22 Sep.

This flight was purchased through FlyBe, operated by Air France as a code share.

On the afternoon of the 15th Mrs A was checking the news on the BBC website when she saw that AF pilots would be on strike on the 15th: checked the AF website and our flight, BE3008, had been cancelled.

Neither FlyBe or AF had sent an email or text to inform us: phoned FlyBe call centre and the lady I spoke to insisted the flight was extant. I had to ask her to check the AF website to confirm that it was cancelled. When she came back it was "Yes, it's cancelled I can put you on a flight tomorrow"

No good says I can we get back on the last flight? Eventually she found 2 seats on the 3010 so we took those.

At no time did she mention EU261 or what FlyBe would do if had to extend our stay: she couldn't explain why we hadn't been notified of the cancellation either.

When I asked her about EU261, she said she had only been in the job for 3 days and had no concept of what the regulation involved: shabby training by FlyBe.

The flight was on a FlyBe Embraer and it left on schedule: the change of flight we had was free but the 2 ladies sitting in front of us, who had been scheduled to take the same flight as us, were charged £400 to change to the 3010.

We were given a drinks and snack voucher but the bar was running out of stock as the aircraft had been on the go from first thing in the morning.

All in all a very poor experience: last time I fly travel with FlyMaybe and Air Chance.
#883454 by mrsw
18 Sep 2014, 22:46
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble! I, too, a few years ago have also had a terrible, terrible experience with AF, so much so that I vowed to never fly with them again. Ever. I mean it.

A word on the EU Reg261 with AF (no experience with Flybe) - they are a huge pain to deal with, and completely ignored my 6 or 7 repeated request to provide a reason for my delay/missed connection, yet they refused to give compensation. Over 3 years, and 14 rounds of complaints later :w , I (almost) gave up and wrote to the CAA instead. Guess what? 2 weeks later an email came into my inbox from AF: "we are pleased to confirm that compensation of €600 will be transferred to your account, or an AF voucher ): will be posted to you" :$ .

With hindsight, I should've given up on dealing with AF months ago, and taken it up with the CAA.

Never again.

Good luck!