#885427 by julmops
14 Oct 2014, 15:44
I was due to fly to Delhi in October and was looking at my different options.
I had been given a certain budget by my company to travel and could find a few options to fly in business class within budget.
The best deal was flying indirect from London with Austrian Airlines via Vienna.
I would normally fly Virgin direct but this time, prices were just too high.
My flight to Vienna was leaving at 9.15am so I got to the brand new Terminal 2 with plenty of time to spare.
Got through check-in and security quite quickly and looked for the Lufthansa Lounge.
Found it easily and settled for breakfast.
This is pretty much a self-service affair but the choice was decent and of good quality.
The lounge was just opened and it shows. It’s bright and airy with plenty of seating.
While having breakfast, I received a call from Lufthansa Ticketing Desk in Heathrow, informing me that due to fog in Vienna, my flight would be delayed so I would miss the connection.
I was offered to reroute via Frankfurt instead on Lufthansa metal, which I accepted, hence this report for a LH flight instead of an OS one ;)
The London-Frankfurt leg would only leave 15 minutes than my original flight and I had about 90 minutes in Frankfurt to connect.
Got to the door, just in time for boarding and priority boarding was enforced.
Settled on seat 2F which had extra legroom due to the bulkhead.
D-AISH was flying this sector, a nice A321.
Quickly after take-off a very nice cabin crew entered into action and breakfast was served.
It was composed of bircher with fruit, butter croissants, fresh orange juice, some cured meats and cheese and a choice of tea or coffee.
For a 65 minutes flight, I was quite impressed.
Being on the bulkhead, my table was actually folded on the bulkhead instead, making for more space, which was really good and the very first time I was seeing it.
We landed in Frankfurt on time and got to a gate after quite a long taxi.
Surprisingly, despite arriving at a gate, we had to be bussed to the main terminal, which obviously delayed the whole operation.
As we arrived on A terminal, my next flight was leaving from B gates so it took a while but this will be detailed into my next trip report.
All in all, my very first flight with Lufthansa will only leave with good memories. A solid product, a really good breakfast (once you get away from the cooked breakfast you’re on a winner !) and a nice and smiling cabin crew, this is a recipe for happy passengers, I know I was !
#889859 by gfonk
09 Dec 2014, 13:10
thanks for the TR
all in all sounded like a good flight.
i too wondered what LH were like.