#886311 by Alex V
25 Oct 2014, 14:06
A real fab review thank you for taking the time to write a fun and discriptive report.
Next time make sure you take time to use arrivals as this is really relaxing and i love that area whether in first or club, very similar to revivals which i enjoy as well.

Cany wait to try BA first on a A380.

regards

alex
#886329 by DragonLady
25 Oct 2014, 21:44
What a great TR - I'm doing HKG ( F) with BA in Jan ( 777 out 380 back) for the first time ( having already flown F Suites with EK on a 380 ).HL's recent trip in F was a bit concerning but this has reassured me :) .
BTW I'm yet to have a half decent meal ( or service) in any of the Gordon Ramsey offerings I've eaten in.
DL
#886330 by honey lamb
25 Oct 2014, 23:19
DragonLady wrote:What a great TR - I'm doing HKG ( F) with BA in Jan ( 777 out 380 back) for the first time ( having already flown F Suites with EK on a 380 ).HL's recent trip in F was a bit concerning but this has reassured me :) .
BTW I'm yet to have a half decent meal ( or service) in any of the Gordon Ramsey offerings I've eaten in.
DL

DL, a flight on BA's flagship service in the new A380 does not compare with a flight on a BA flight in a 747 even though both are in First. I'm currently looking at a flight to JNB on an A380, albeit in CW and I'd be interested in the comparison between that and VS.
#886589 by Maximus
29 Oct 2014, 15:13
Loved this TR, thanks for sharing and adding the photos. Sounds like you had an exceptional crew.

Like others I am on the verge of taking my first First. I have the Avios all saved (just enough for me, the OH will have to travel Economy on the same flight). No, I jest, I could never do that ): I have a 241 voucher.

The only problem is I can not decide where to go. This largely depends on availability (of BA flights and annual leave). Miami is top of my list if I can get.

I do notice having read the menus in great detail, there is no main course vegetarian option :0 I guess I shall have to make do with 3 starters and a couple of boxes of Hotel Chocolat confections to make up for that:) Though give me a hour or four in the Concorde Room and will soon hoover up enough food and drink to feed an army for a fortnight ):
#886670 by PaulS
30 Oct 2014, 10:36
Maximus just checked the menus on my last flights in first and I didn't realise there isn't a true vedgie option, although there were items on the bistro section. I eat meat but my wife is a non meat eater so we risk that fact that there will be a fish that she eats on the menu. If not she has not had a problem in getting a pasta dish from CW. However you can pre order various type of vedgie meals or try phoning You First nearer the flight to try and ascertain what's available. I have heard that BA will soon be trailing food pre-orders in First and CW
Virgin Atlantic