#887158 by WPIL
04 Nov 2014, 12:41
2 Days in Northern Ireland for a Wedding. Stayed at the Roe Park Resort which was generally a good place to stay apart from one incident when I was served a dish which the server claimed to be Gluteon Free but it wasn't. Spoke to the Hotel Manager on check out and she promised to investigate and reduced the bill by 20%.
Flight was due to leave at 5.30pm and after speaking to the cab driver on the way out we had booked our return cab for 4pm so as not to spend too much time at the Airport.
Derry is a very small airport, smallest I have ever used. Check in was one line and we were done in about 10 minutes. Security again was just one line/scanner. This is the one bottle neck in the Airport but not too bad and was through in about 15 minutes. Boarding started 10 minutes later and with priority boarding we were in our seats (row 2 again on the right hand side at the front). Boarding again via stairs at both Front and Back but we were a little late to push back. No waiting around as we were the only aircraft at the airport so out to the runway and lets go. Night time had arrived but had some nice views of the dusk once in the air. Clear views most of the way and flew over the Irish sea, just North of Wales, South of Liverpool and just North of Birmingham with a few firework displays taking place. Whole flight was smooth apart from another heavy landing. (Last 4 flights have been the same). Again no jet bridge and into baggage reclaim very quickly. 20 minute wait for our bags which were luckily first off. Meet and Greet reception staff were a lot better on our return.

No issues and Ryanair did the job for us.
#887241 by WPIL
05 Nov 2014, 09:55
The security was very slow as they only had 1 line. You actually had to push your trays across wooden trestle tables to just before the scanner. I don't seem them trying to improve it for their 4 flights a day. Still it was quicker than a lot of Airports!