#888052 by Sealink
16 Nov 2014, 21:10
Time to fly!

I was going to Mallorca with some people I met in my local pub!
I had some pre-conceptions about Mallorca, however I knew that I was being quite biased - it would not all be "Club 18-30" and over the last year or two, I have met some locals in my pub and they said that they were going out, and I was welcome to join them. So a little merry band of us headed out to Palma.

I picked easyJet - a stupidly early flight at 5.35am. Oh why did I do that?

I stayed the night before at the Premier Inn right at the terminal, and I didn't enjoy the stay there at all. But that's for TripAdvisor ;-).

easyJet offer twilight check-in so at around 9pm I was in the slowest queue in the world, in a hot, fly filled North Terminal It was not a nice place and the wait of about half an hour to check in was really poor. That said, the person who served me was so happy and cheerful that my annoyance at the queue evaporated. People power! There is something calming about an airport terminal at night.

However, it was what it was and I headed to the hotel for a few hours sleep.

At an unearthly hour I stumbled, bleary eyed, through security which at 4.00am was surprisingly busy. Surprisingly? Not when I remembered a whole swathe of flights that leave between 6am and 7am.

Now, which lounge to use? I had Priority Pass so had the option of No. 1 Lounge or Aspire. I opted for Aspire (No. 1 Traveller is a victim of it's own success and can be very busy). It was really quite nice - with plenty of coffee and bacon butties available.

The flight was called and it was at a gate that required you to cross the huge airbridge over the runway. It's so high that a 747 can pass underneath. Sadly, no pic.

I had speedy boarding and it was swift, with the newest 'plane I have ever been on I think!

Legroom was excellent. For me.

Crew were friendly, but I just wanted to sleep.

I woke up a few times and managed to snap some of the scenery, but all in all, it was a perfect flight.

On time, spotless aircraft, lovely crew, and travelling with friends :)

Mallorca was my home for a week - I loved it, and am going back next month!

#888063 by Blacky1
17 Nov 2014, 07:33
Some nice pics in this TR billy ,definitely more room on easyjet with the new style of seats than the old ones as I found out in the summer .
Thanks for posting