#890654 by Maximus
22 Dec 2014, 12:45
There is little to say about the flight, it being little more that a bus in the air hopping across La Manche. BA check-in at CDG is a breeze as BA have their own little check-in area. There was no queue and we were able to check-in bags and breeze through security within 5 minutes.

The crew were charming and efficient, we were offered a drink and a biscuit (Club Europe passengers have a meal service though there is hardly any time to eat it!).

What I did want to highlight was that those with BA status or Club Europe tickets can use the combined Cathay Pacific First/ Business Lounge at Paris CDG. Many BA customers will be directed to the American Airlines lounge (the other One World partner lounge at CDG) but the CX lounge is far superior. It is not the VS Clubhouse but I would rate it as the best lounge I have been in (apart from the VS LHR Clubhouse naturally!).

It is very modern, has GREAT seating with excellent runway views. It was very, very quiet and calm. The drinks selection was very good, champagne freely available. Best of all was the Noodle Bar where you can order a variety of noodle dishes that are freshly made to order. They looked and tasted amazing. They also have a good selection of other food. There is a business area and shower facilities (but no spa).

So if you are ever passing through CDG and have One World lounge access I would highly recommend the Cathay Pacific "Salon" as a worthwhile visit. Cathay have a great reputation for theie Business and First products and I can see why judging from my lounge experience.