#894947 by Maximus
08 Feb 2015, 16:37
After 4 days visiting Marrakech I was exhausted and ready to come home! Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic trip. Our Riad was beautiful and a haven of calm and peace in the Medina- I enjoyed a Hammam and lots of delicious Moroccan food. The weather was perfect.

Outside on the streets though it is a constant assault on the senses. The noise, the smells, the frequent badgering from stall holders, shop keepers, restaurant owners and "guides" was very wearing at times. But at the same time an experience I am glad to have been part of. In many ways it is almost medieval in the Medina. We went "off-piste" a few times to walk in non-tourist areas. That was an eye-opener :0

The trip back went well. A short car ride to the modern airport. We changed our few remainining MAD back to sterling- you are not meant to leave the country with any though they do turn a blind eye to anything less than MAD 1000, but they are worthless elsewhere really and the UK exchange rate is poor.

Check in went well. Passport control was the biggest delay but not too bad. We were denied lounge entry and I could not be bothered to argue- apparently we should have picked up a voucher at check-in. There is only one lounge at RAK and it is quite poor by all accounts, so I doubt we missed anything. So we went and bought Gin and Limencello instead! :D

There was an easyjet flight due to leave an hour or so before us. Unfortunately three passengers went AWOL. How I do not know, it is a small airport. There are not many places for them to go, other than leave the airport entirely! But they were not located so the groundcrew were unloading bags and just begining to reload them all again (minus the missing passengers bags I hope) when we left the stand. I waved them Bon voyage ): The poor passengers must have been sat on that aircraft for over an hour when we left. We departed 10 minutes early 8D

We were flying on a A319 this time. Again I bagged Exit row seats with lots of leg room :) And the row to ourselves also.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh22 ... 1529d1.jpg

This was a short flight- we landed 30 minutes early. We had a similar snack box to the one we had on the way out- all vegetarian both ways which suited me. The crew were cheery and helpful.

We stayed at the Sofitel Gatwick again for the night, as I dislike driving back to Devon in the dark. Another ugrade y) We ate a very pleasant meal in their cafe area and had a sound nights sleep on the top floor. We did not bother using the lounge this time as I had found a great deal on the Accor website a few weeks back (£70/night and breakfast for free), so we ate in the main brasserie. The breakfast at Sofitel was very good and set me up for the drive home to Devonshire.

All in all a great winter break and excellent BA service y)
#894953 by hiljil
08 Feb 2015, 17:01
Thank you for the return TR. I have to say the photo of the legroom was encouraging !