#895836 by julmops
16 Feb 2015, 11:58
After a week in LA, we wanted to do something a bit more relaxing and being Disney Vacation Club Members, we opted for a week in Aulani Resort on the beautiful island of Oahu in Hawaii.
Therefore, I started looking at options and the best in terms of timings was flying with United.
I had never flew with them before so I thought that would be a nice add on my list ;)
Got to LAX Terminal 7 with plenty of time, got through check-in (still annoys me having to pay extra for my luggage on a mainstream airline but it seems to be the norm in the US) and security.
It was all done quickly and efficiently, I was pleasantly surprised.
Terminal 7 is infinitely better than Terminal 2 where Virgin Atlantic flies from and to.
Waiting for the plane to arrive from Denver, I went around and checked the rest of the terminal.
It’s nice and light and thoroughly enjoyable without being exciting.
Plane arrived, it was a beautiful 757-300. Again I had picked this flight specifically as I had never flown the aircraft so another nice add on to my list ;)
We were in row 17 so just between 2 rows of Economy Plus seats.
Flight was quite full and announced for 5 hours and 46 minutes.
Push back and take off were done very quickly and off we went.
Flight was pretty dull, with nothing exciting to report.
One service of non-alcoholic drink and that was it …
Economy Plus got a little bit more but again nothing to call home for.
Found it a little bit on the stingy side for a 6-hours flight but we have bought some sandwiches and snacks so it was all right.
Landing in Honolulu was quite a view, especially as we landed on the Reef runway…
It makes for a great landing but also for an endless taxi back to the terminal.
However, we were so excited to be in Hawaii that nothing else mattered.
As it was a domestic flight, no immigration to go through which is always a bonus.
Luggage came through quite quickly and we were on our way to Aulani about 20 minutes later.
The dream had officially started !
#895942 by mrsw
17 Feb 2015, 16:58
Thanks for the TR. Your first United journey didn't sound too bad, and I am very jealous that you went to Hawaii!! Hope you had a lovely trip - shall read your return TR next 8D
#895945 by hiljil
17 Feb 2015, 17:22
Thank you again ( I read your TR's in the wrong order !) . I quite agree about paying for luggage - it just doesn't seem right !
Always wanted to visit Hawaii ....