#895842 by julmops
16 Feb 2015, 12:45
After a fabulous week in Hawaii, it was sadly time to head back home … Luckily I had managed to secure an upgrade to First on our return flight to LA so I was expecting it to be slightly better than the way out.
Our transfer from our hotel was scheduled at 3.05am for a 6.30am departure. Suffice to say that we opened the airport on that morning ;)
Few people had slept there in time for the first morning flights but check-in only opened at 4am.
It was quickly done and with a smile.
Through security who was sleepy, efficient, quick and uninterested all at the same time ;)
We were leaving from Gate 10 which is certainly a bit of a trek from the main concourse.
Once there, nothing was opened and we had to wait until 5am to get a coffee but no biggie.
Boarding was started around 5.55am and strictly in order, which was nice.
Got into the plane and settled in 1A and 2A.
Nice and comfy seat with good pitch.
Push back was early and flight duration announced at just under 4 hours, which was a stunning 2 hours shorter than the way in …
We took off for the main runway still very much in the dark but the day was started to point.
Once in cruising altitude, the purser came into action helped with another cabin crew member.
Choice of drinks was offered and then breakfast served.
A plate of fruit and some pastries and then a choice of cheese quiche or cereals.
I opted for the cereals and my partner went for the quiche.
All in all, a nice brekkie served with a choice of tea or coffee (regular or decaf)
DirecTV was available on that aircraft (a 737-800) but unfortunately didn’t work a single minute of the flight …
Flight went lightning quick and we landed in LAX a full hour early.
Again as it was a domestic flight, no immigration but luggage took a bit to come.
Would I fly United again ?
Most likely for such flights but I would try to upgrade to First whenever possible as the difference is massive.
#895944 by hiljil
17 Feb 2015, 17:19
Thank you for the TR. I'm always interested in reading about "other" airlines. :D