#896750 by Concorde RIP
25 Feb 2015, 11:55
Just a quicky here really.

In an attempt to have a cheap break in Florida over the half term, I booked us (my daughter and I) in WT (economy) over to Orlando. However, due to my wish to sleep on the way home and the BA sale at the time, got a good price returning in Club via PHL – TRs to follow.

This flight pretty much lived up to “what it says on the tin”. There was nothing that stuck out, good or bad. It’s been quite some time since I flew in economy across the Atlantic and in many ways, it was beneficial to do so this time just to remind myself of how much better premium, club and first offerings really are.

I had no issues with the food (albeit, quite a small portion), drinks were plentiful and the service was about right.

Having whistfully walked through club and premium, it was a bit of a rude awakening to lever myself into the economy seat. The thing I really struggle with is the width of the seat. Being quite a broad chap, I was fortunate that I was sat next to my daughter and not someone of similar size to myself. I’ve always been able to stretch my legs under the seat in front, and afterall, it’s only 9 hours – it really could be a lot worse!

I had reserved seats in the 2nd row of economy, so we were early off the plane in MCO. Imigration wasn’t too bad, and my bags were waiting.

All in all, an uneventful flight that was pretty much what I expected, and served well to remind me how fortunate I am to be able to fly in higher cabins more often than not.
#896753 by hiljil
25 Feb 2015, 12:34
Thank you for your interesting comments. I, too, like to remind myself how lucky I am to travel mostly Business Class, but I do this by looking at an economy seat rather than booking one !!!! :0
#896774 by whiterose
25 Feb 2015, 14:57
Interesting to have a TR from a comparison POV, not simply what actually happened. I'm not sure I'd like to sit for nine hours in Y and I'm on the short side. Did you enjoy your stay in Florida, was it theme parks or a beach holiday?
#896918 by Maximus
26 Feb 2015, 19:13
BA do offer a solid Y product, but as you say, nowt much to say about it really. It does what it needs to.

I would hate to sit next to a stranger which is why I alsways take the window seat in Y and OH has to sit in the middle. I am anti-social and easily irritated, so better I sit outta the way ;)