#899681 by lovetoholiday
30 Mar 2015, 11:37
Our much anticipated trip to India for a family wedding.
I had my reservations on flying with Jet having heard and read mixed things.
We had checked in online at T-24hrs, seats selected in row 40 (away from toilets and galley)
Virtually no queue at check in and we were through security very quickly. We had a browse round the shop and a bite to eat and it was soon time to board.
The aircraft was a Boeing 777. The leg room seemed generous and there was plenty of space in overhead for bags, despite my reservations - Indians (I am one!) are notorious for over packing :)
We walked though the premium cabin - similar seats to VS UC. Not sure how the service compare though.

We took off on time and soon after we were served a drink and snack. Not long after dinner was served - usual veggie or chicken curry. Perfectly acceptable.
IFE was good, a range of movies, TV series etc. I watched for a bit and then reclined my seat in an effort to sleep. I must have nodded off a few times. Seat was fairly comfy and my ear plugs helped.
Note that there are no amenity kits so bring your own bits if you need them.
I forget what breakfast was - fruit and muffin possibly ?
I think I just had tea.
We landed on time and were soon winging our way through the lovely DEL airport to catch our connecting flight to Amritsar.

Now I have not been to DEL since 2006 so was astounded by the changes. Wow what a lovely airport it is now.
We had to collect our cases and check them in again. This was all done swiftly so we were through to domestic departures within an hour.
The connecting flight took off late, despite the fact it was only 60 mins duration we were served a lovely chicken or veg wrap, with a small bottle of water and a kit kat :)
Excellent service with a smile.

Landed at ATQ, had to wait a while for luggage but we were soon out into the lovely sunshine to begin our weeks adventure.

So all in all very impressed by Jet Airways and would definitely use them again.
#899685 by horburyflyer
30 Mar 2015, 13:01
Thanks for your TR - so lovely to see a Jet Airways review on here. When I was based in India during 2008 and 2009 I travelled to and from the UK with Jet Airways every 6-8 weeks before my company switched to BA...

I found their service in Premiere really good indeed - the food always tasty and the crew mainly positive and friendly. I also liked their IFE.

I travelled with them a fair bit between BOM and DEL in business class too and their product at that time was the best from the Indian cariers.

They hit hard times after 2009 like most airlines and I have heard mixed things since but it sounds like your flights were good and that is great to here. I did have a soft spot for Jet and what they were trying to achieve.

Jon