#902543 by oldboy
05 May 2015, 10:30
First BA Club World for many years so was interested to see what it was like.

Check in at T5 was very quick & efficient, soon through to departures & heading for lounge (Galleries South, I think), from reports read on V Flyer our expectation levels weren't high but have to say that we spent a very pleasant couple of hours enjoying a few glasses of bubbly (thanks for tips to request), I particularly enjoyed the views of the take off runway. I missed having flights called so had to keep an eye on the departure screens, I am sure that with the number of flights BA have departing continual announcements would be annoying. Once our spotted that our flight was ready for boarding we headed down to the gate and arrived to head immediately through the priority boarding lane & on to the aircraft without any delay. Our seats were 64 A & K, up in the bubble, champagne was offered & accepted twice before take off. First experience of the current CW seats, cant say I was a big fan of the configuration, as travelling with my OH it was good facing each other but not sure I would have liked it if a stranger had been sat facing me, I certainly would not like having a strangers meals served & cleared across me. My OH chose window seat & enjoyed having the storage bins to hand, I was quite happy on the isle as thought it felt more roomy.

Food & drink served during the flight were all good, no complaints, CC did an a good if rather robotic job.

Smooth arrival in to Vancouver & no delays at immigration which was good.

oldboy
Last edited by oldboy on 05 May 2015, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
#902545 by ScoobySu
05 May 2015, 11:09
Many thanks Oldboy for the review. Hope the service in the flight was good and your cruise went well.

Many congratulations to you and the new MrsO as well. I was thinking of you on our return from SFO. Where did you eat in the end for your celebratory meal?

With very best wishes

ScoobySu
#902548 by oldboy
05 May 2015, 11:42
ScoobySu wrote:Many thanks Oldboy for the review. Hope the service in the flight was good and your cruise went well.

Many congratulations to you and the new MrsO as well. I was thinking of you on our return from SFO. Where did you eat in the end for your celebratory meal?

With very best wishes

ScoobySu

Many thanks ScoobySu

Wedding & cruise were both terrific, thank you, I hope your trip was good as well. Celebration dinner in SF wasn't great, we went to Gary Danko which we thought very over priced for what we had.

oldboy
#902553 by hiljil
05 May 2015, 11:50
Thank you for your TR. so pleased that overall everything went well for you.
So agree about having meals handed across in front of you & that the seating only works if travelling with a companion.
#902560 by marshy11
05 May 2015, 12:23
Thanks oldboy.

Can I add my congratulations to the two of you. I take it the dress storage was adequate…

Look forward to the TR's for all your anniversaries!
#902568 by oldboy
05 May 2015, 13:30
marshy11 wrote:Thanks oldboy.

Can I add my congratulations to the two of you. I take it the dress storage was adequate…

Look forward to the TR's for all your anniversaries!

Thanks Marshy, "The Dress" ended up having an over head locker all to itself & arrived in pristine condition. Anniversary TR reports will be posted each year.
#902627 by Bretty
05 May 2015, 23:13
And congratulations from me, glad all was well and a good pleasant flight to start it all off.
#902661 by PaulS
06 May 2015, 12:50
Sounds like you had a great flight. I love the bubble on BA's 747s . Were you spread across the cabin as A and K are the window seats on either side. 64A is the most coveted seat in CW as it is very private. It has extra legroom and direct aisle access. For your peace of mind if you were travelling alone, you can raise the screen after the safety briefing and all meals and drinks are delivered via the entrance to the seat and not across the opposing passenger. This applies to Row 62 which also has direct aisle access for the info of any other VS flyers thinking of flying on the upper deck with BA.
#902724 by oldboy
07 May 2015, 08:58
PaulS wrote:Sounds like you had a great flight. I love the bubble on BA's 747s . Were you spread across the cabin as A and K are the window seats on either side. 64A is the most coveted seat in CW as it is very private. It has extra legroom and direct aisle access. For your peace of mind if you were travelling alone, you can raise the screen after the safety briefing and all meals and drinks are delivered via the entrance to the seat and not across the opposing passenger. This applies to Row 62 which also has direct aisle access for the info of any other VS flyers thinking of flying on the upper deck with BA.

Hi Paul S, we had seats together so must have been 64A & B, booked these after receiving info via v flyer, on return we were in row 63 which were not as good as my OH had to clamber over another passengers legs each time she wanted to go to the loo. On our flights to New York with VS later this month we have the coveted 12A & K on both legs so happy with that.

Best regards

oldboy
Virgin Atlantic