#902563 by oldboy
05 May 2015, 12:48
Homeward bound following a great cruise which included our on board wedding.

Arrived at Vancouver airport following a smooth trip from the city, check in was fast. The airport seemed very quiet (approx 5pm) so nice to have a wander around. Made a few duty free purchases from duty free & then made our way to the BA Galleries lounge which was conveniently very close to our boarding gate. The lounge was basic but fine & we managed to find ourselves a nice quiet corner to while away a couple of hours. Seeing no champagne at the self service bar, I requested 2 glasses from one of the staff & received them promptly as we did when requesting a 2nd. On requesting a 3rd glass of bubbly we were informed that we were only actually allowed two glasses as "champagne was really only for First Class passengers", we were given a third glass but were made to feel that we were lucky to get it.

Once flight was called we were very quickly on board & sipping the champagne offered. Flight was much as our outbound trip, all was good without being anything special, have to say though that both flights were consistently good. After many UC flights with VA over the years it is hard to make a comparison after just 2 BA/CW flights but would say that based om this very small sample that BA service was not as good as VS at its best but a whole later better than VS at its worst.
We are travelling to NY with VS later this month so hoppening for a good UC experience then.

oldboy
#902567 by hiljil
05 May 2015, 13:25
Pleased the return flight was good if not exactly exceptional. I was interested in your comparisons .
Thank You .
#902569 by Daffodil
05 May 2015, 13:32
Thank you for the TR and congratulations on you wedding, I hope you both had a super day. Sounds like the flight was a decent one, shame about the limited champagne in the lounge especially as you were on your honeymoon.
#902636 by pjh
06 May 2015, 08:41
Thanks for the TR. Shame about the sniffy attitude on the champagne front, but I take it that was only a minor blip on an otherwise great trip.

Congratulations on the newly married status and have a great time in NYC when that rolls around.

Paul
#902640 by oldboy
06 May 2015, 09:50
pjh wrote:Thanks for the TR. Shame about the sniffy attitude on the champagne front, but I take it that was only a minor blip on an otherwise great trip.

Congratulations on the newly married status and have a great time in NYC when that rolls around.

Paul

Many thanks Paul, the 2 glass bubbly limit was certainly only a very minor blip on a fantastic trip.

Best regards

oldboy
#902681 by marshy11
06 May 2015, 18:20
Goodness, the champagne rationing isn't good. I can't imagine that is standard and might be worth an email.....

I am though, very disappointed at the lack of any photos showing the happy day.....even a little update to the avatar would be appreciated..... :-)
#902684 by Blacky1
06 May 2015, 18:54
marshy11 wrote:Goodness, the champagne rationing isn't good. I can't imagine that is standard and might be worth an email.....

I am though, very disappointed at the lack of any photos showing the happy day.....even a little update to the avatar would be appreciated..... :-)

+1 ,c'mon OB
#902685 by Petmadness
06 May 2015, 19:05
Thanks for a fine brace of TR's. Another plethora of congratulations on your wedding...so glad all went as planned and you had a great day. All this talk of champagne rationing is making me thirsty....cheers ):
Virgin Atlantic