#905378 by Watwood
14 Jun 2015, 14:09
I really like travelling from Southampton the main reason being the seed with which you get through the airport into departures. Having arrived on the train I was in departures 10 minutes later having checked and dropped a bag!
Bit of a delay on boarding which could have been dealt with a bit better by actually telling us the truth about what was going on (aircraft swap). Lack of info meant I was looking at the train as a contingency option albeit it would have come with a large bill and a 6 hour journey minimum.
Anyway, order soon restored and boarding commenced 30 mins or so late. Pax behind me was a nervous flyer (her first ever trip) the stewardess was excellent and really looked after her well I thought.
Flight about half full and we were soon underway. It was an uneventful, smooth transit to Edinburgh, as I have come to expect from Flybe. Landed a few mins late but that was no problem from my perspective. Soon on stand and disembarked.
Overall, a great flight. I like flying with FlyBe in UK and their routes from Southampton are always my first choice
#905388 by 747 G-VROS
14 Jun 2015, 16:27
Agreed about the speed getting into departures. Even better when you are only with hand luggage and the airport is 15 mins down the road!! Took a trip on Flybe to Mallorca last week and was at the hotel quicker than I would have been to my family in Devon.
Likewise, I fly from Southampton whenever I can.....

G-VROS.....