#905934 by Bretty
23 Jun 2015, 02:10
...so after leaving the lounge we dashed to the gate and found a long line. Club Europe and elites were called for priority boarding first, and the line was marshalled as one or two people were told to wait as they couldn't board yet. We'd been placed, by BA, in 2A & 2C, right at the front of the bus. There was a short delay as there appeared to be 2 pax missing, and one other said they weren't coming, they had been her travelling companions but had not arrived and this information hadn't transferred from the check-in desk to the CC. Then there seemed to be a slight problem with this woman who'd spoken up as the CC couldn't find her on the manifest (from what I overheard), and then I heard CC say the manifest had the pax placed in a seat near the back. She offered to move but was told she was ok, she had a boarding pass placing her in Club Europe so she could stay.

This didn't add too much delay and soon we were off the ground and the service started with hot towels, very welcome as I was cooked in yet another airport with poor air conditioning. Dinner service soon followed (which I'd forgotten about), accompanied by a decent Sauvignon Blanc. A nice simple salad of chicken 3 ways, fresh, well flavoured and simple. Otherwise a fairly standard flight, again with nothing to stand out.

Although it was a bit of hassle, I think I'd do the ex-EU route again if necessary, but make sure I leave extra time between positioning flight and starting ex-EU flight.

Next up, the VS19 trip report.
#905936 by buns
23 Jun 2015, 05:29
Thanks for the "Prolouge" Reports on this ex-EU TR y) y)

Very handy tip about leaving plenty of time - Honeylamb will testify to many encounterts travelling from her native Eire to LHR and being thwarted on gaining optimum Clubhouse time ):

buns
#905937 by Bretty
23 Jun 2015, 05:55
Yes, it's Sod's law really. I'm glad I didn't do all these on the same day as the transatlantic sector.
#905941 by hiljil
23 Jun 2015, 07:08
At least you made it !
Now, hopefully, things really take off ..... :o)
#905998 by honey lamb
23 Jun 2015, 22:48
buns wrote:Thanks for the "Prolouge" Reports on this ex-EU TR y) y)

Very handy tip about leaving plenty of time - Honeylamb will testify to many encounterts travelling from her native Eire to LHR and being thwarted on gaining optimum Clubhouse time ):

buns

As indeed I did in my reply to the EI leg.
Virgin Atlantic