#906355 by mitchja
29 Jun 2015, 18:14
After arriving in DUB a few hours earlier, I headed from T2 to T1 and to zone 4 where the BA desks are located.

No queues at the Club Europe check-in. My bag was tagged just to LHR (as I was overnighting there). Headed through fast track security which was very quick. To go to the lounge BA use, turn left as you leave fast track security and then head up the stairs to the shared lounge.

The lounge is split into 2 sections, both the same. Snacks and drinks where available as well as hot soup (as it was dinner time) which was very tasty actually. The section of the lounge where I was wasn't too busy whilst I was there with several other airlines using it.

I headed down to the gate about 20 mins before departure. Again I'd had a push message from Expedia informing me of a 15 min delay. I was also tracking the in-bound flight using FlightRadar and could see the same small delay.

The in-bound A/C arrived about 15 mins late by which time people had already started queuing in the priority line so I joined them.

I'd done ONCI the day before and managed to grab seat 1F. Why pay £22 to reserve a Club Europe seat when you can grab the front row for free as soon as OLCI opens anyway? I think the front row is blocked anyway until OLCI opens and I always managed to grab the front row on BA shorthaul/domestic flights.

The flight was soon called and priority boarding started first. 16 Club Europe seats at the front which appeared to be 4 rows of just standard set of 3 Y seats on each side, but with the middle seat covered over making a table on each side.

The door was soon closed and we pushed back around 10 mins late. A short taxi to the runway and before long we where on our way to LHR.

An afternoon tea tray was served which had sandwiches, a small cake and a scone with a selection of either hot or cold drinks. Nice crew of the flight.

The flight time was 45mins and before long where were approaching LHR and T5. I was first off and soon making my way to arrivals and baggage reclaim. Bags where soon coming off belt 11.

Another nice flight with no complaints.
#906356 by Hamster
29 Jun 2015, 18:33
Thanks for the TR.

What did you think of the Afternoon Tea?

Row 1 is reserved for Gold EC members until 36hrs before the flight.