#906907 by mitchja
09 Jul 2015, 23:31
What a difference!!

After another 3 insane nights in Vegas, it was time to head back to San Francisco for the final night of my West Coast trip :-( Did the usual touristy stuff whilst here, watched the Bellagio fountains, watched the Mirage volcano, visited the Shark Reef at the Mandalay Bay, feed slot machines etc etc etc.

I found the perfect item on sale in the Palazzo/Venetian Grand Canal Shoppes for those of you who like to max out your trans-Atlantic checked baggage allowance to the limit.......a 2.2Kg Gummy Bear (the World's largest apparently), yours for only $40+tax. 15 of those bad boys and you have reached (ok slightly exceeded) your 32Kg checked allowance. Your dentist will also be singing his or her way to the bank as well :cool:

A much better flight from UA on this leg. Welcomed on-board and offered pre-flight drinks this time unlike the out-bound flight.

Had a cheeky pax try and sit in First next to me, even though it turned out they where in Economy Plus. They got as far as their pre-flight drink before the actual pax assigned to the seat next to me turned up!

The flights was not full by any means but 2 UA flights depart from LAS to SFO within about 10 mins of each other anyway.

Nice, friendly and chatty crew this time. Drink orders taken and greeted by name. Towards the end of the flight one of the crew even came round and thanked everyone personally in First for flying UA today which was a nice touch.

Flight time was around 55 mins to SFO, landed approx. 10 mins early. Short walk from the gate to baggage reclaim. Jumped on the BART again to get into the city.

A really good flight this time. It just goes to show, inconsistency happens on all airlines.
#906910 by hiljil
10 Jul 2015, 07:05
Thank you for the TR. Glad it was a good flight.

As you say, most airlines struggle to maintain a good overall standard.