#907069 by AmexVflyer
13 Jul 2015, 11:49
For the first time we had decided to do an ex-DUB trip to MCO. After much research and persuasion I had managed to convince MrsAmex of the merits and benefits. When I told her of the costs and the fact we could fly upper for just a little more than the cost of an ex-LON PE ticket she was sold, 'as long as it's not too stressful' to use her words.

So, first part was to get us to DUB in order to start this all off. With car parking all booked and sorted we dropped the car off at just after 0700, now given that we would be back at LGW later in the day we opted to leave the bags at the Hilton where we would be staying that night. We had got a good pay in advance rate for the Hilton, in fact the rate at the BLOC was identical so for me it was a no brainer.

OLCI had been done for FR a week before so with car dropped off, bags stowed with left luggage at the hotel it was just a quick walk back to South Terminal. A walk we would be doing again 24 hours later. Security was passed through pretty quickly. Initially the gate came up on screen as gate 16 iirc, so we headed down. Now as we were passing gate 10 I see it showing as FR113 DUBLIN. Just as well as it was the right gate, we could see people on the travelators looking and thinking what the hell is going on!!! The staff at the gate were informed as people were heading to 16 and an announcement went out.

Flight boarded quickly enough and we were off on time. As it's Ryanair there's not much to report on the actual service itself. Flight was as comfortable as you can make it with them, and before we knew it we were descending into DUB. An on time arrival made it all good, then the wait for the stairs to arrive, this did add a good 10 minutes on so wasn't so good. Once off the plane MrsAmex realised she'd left her jacket on the plane, luckily we hadn't gone far from the steps so a quick dash back up to the plane to retrieve it.

Through formalities pretty quickly. My dad lives over in DUB so lunch had been arranged at the Radisson with him and my siste, so a nice way to kill a couple of hours before heading back to LHR on BA.
#907080 by hiljil
13 Jul 2015, 13:37
Thank you for your TR.
Congratulations on taking the plunge to try an Ex Dub . It seems to be working very well, particularly as you have relatives in Dublin.
Hope the rest of the trip continued to live up to expectation.
#907094 by dickydotcom
13 Jul 2015, 18:09
AmexVflyer wrote:Hi Dicky

We had a car transfer booked at LHR with a company called BAtransfer, only costs £47 from LHR to LGW. Itinerary is DUB-LHR (BA), LGW - MCO - LGW (VS)

AMEX

thanks for that. Have a great trip.
Dick D
Virgin Atlantic