#907086 by AmexVflyer
13 Jul 2015, 16:24
So, having flown LGW-DUB on FR this morning and a very nice lunch with my dad and sister who both live in DUB, it was time for the holiday to properly begin. Having checked in online the day before and not having any bags we made our way through security and found the lounge, as lounges go the lounge at T1 DUB serves its purpose, it is used by a few airlines. Food and drink are on offer, so a vodka and coke for me and MrsAmex and some nibbles. Used this time to finally get online to do OLCI for the VS27 next day (an embarrasing seq 126 and 127 :blush: ).

The flight was due out at 1615, so a quick check of the departure screens and the dreaded word DELAYED appears, by approximately 1 hour, not so good. So back to the bar for another couple of drinks and more nibbles. A quick call to the car company to inform them of our delay and then all we could do is wait for the call to board.

Eventually the call came and we made our way down to the gate to board our A320 to LHR. Now I haven't flown BA for a while but I was impressed with CE, especially the table between the seats. Push back evenually 1.05 late, turns out the reason for the delay was due to a passenger falling down the stairs on a previous flight.

Flight passed by without any further incident, managed to make up about 10 minutes. Also first time going through T5 at LHR, seemed like quite a long walk from the plane but I don't recall any document checks at all at LHR, would that be right? Exited but could not find our driver anywhere, so another call made >-( , gave us an opportunity to do a bit of celeb spotting. We had the author Lynda LaPlante on our flight, also saw Hugh Laurie and also Tom Hollander (Pirates of the Caribbean, Rev). Driver eventually arrived after about 15 minute wait and then we were on our way to LGW Hilton.
#907087 by hiljil
13 Jul 2015, 16:30
Part two of your journey had the stress factor that I would worry about ... Delay !
Thankfully, all seems well for you and hopefully no incidents before arriving at the LGW Hilton ?
Look forward to the next instalment , thank you.
#907089 by Hamster
13 Jul 2015, 16:45
AmexVflyer wrote:Flight passed by without any further incident, managed to make up about 10 minutes. Also first time going through T5 at LHR, seemed like quite a long walk from the plane but I don't recall any document checks at all at LHR, would that be right? Exited but could not find our driver anywhere, so another call made >-( , gave us an opportunity to do a bit of celeb spotting. We had the author Lynda LaPlante on our flight, also saw Hugh Laurie and also Tom Hollander (Pirates of the Caribbean, Rev). Driver eventually arrived after about 15 minute wait and then we were on our way to LGW Hilton.

Thanks for the TR, shame about the delay!
No document checks when arriving from Ireland, just customs.