#909993 by Fuzzy14
14 Sep 2015, 12:28
I don’t trip report all my tedious trips but thought I’d give this one a bash (for reasons that will soon become apparent.)

Off to Madrid on business again. Due to the English bank holiday prices from Glasgow via London with BA were exorbitant so once again I was taking the direct EasyJet flight from Edinburgh. Arrived at EDH via the new but expensive tram system (£5), this time I’d decided to check in my bags so used the self service bag drop which worked well. I’d already checked in using the iPhone app which works really well. No queue at security so made my way to the Wetherspoons for a bite of lunch.

The plane arrived and I waited for the queues to go down before going to the gate, boarding relatively last, there was still room for my backpack in overhead bins, I had been allocated 11F which is the emergency exit row so no bags under seats. I wasn’t surprised at all to find somebody sitting in my seat, 5th EasyJet flight in a row this has happened. One of the persons got up and vacated 11E which wasn’t my seat but I just took it. At least I had a couple of more inches of room for my long legs.

Plane took off a few minutes late. I was feeling tired so couldn’t be bothered reading and closed my eyes trying to doze which isn’t easy in the middle with a seat that doesn’t recline. 40 minutes into the flight I was feeling very warm so I directed all three overhead air supplies onto me but it was making no difference. I started feeling dizzy and sick so got out the sick bag. I have fainted a few times in my life due to low blood pressure or sugar so I know the warning signs. Sure enough a minute later my head was in my lap and I was out cold for a few seconds. When I awoke I managed to sit back up and explain to the chap next to me what was going on and alerted cabin crew.

Spoke with the cabin manager who arranged a full sugar Pepsi and a Twix to make me feel better, she says I was looking particularly pale! So now I know how to get free food on an EasyJet flight but they’re probably just happy they didn’t have to land the plane. They checked back on me every so often and sure enough the colour returned and I felt better. They asked that I fill out a form to let them know about the incident, not sure if it’s for statistics or if any action will be taken as a result. I slept most of the remaining flight.

On arrival at Barajas I felt good enough to walk off the plane unassisted, made my way through passport control and got the Metro to my hotel at Colon, and more sleep.